Contribute
Register

Mac OSX won't boot after 10.7.3 update.. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My mac won't boot after the update. I used multibeast 4.3 and updated chimera. I have a ASUS Rampage Formula III motherboard and NVIDIA GTX 570 gcard. I tried using unibeast but it won't show up in chimera when I am trying to boot. I can't even access the drives from windows dual boot because they won't show up. I have a project due for work and I didn't back up. I need help to get it back up and running. What else can I try or do??

Try burning an rBoot disk and booting from that, then go back into Lion and try to figure out why it isn't working.

You might try making a small 20 GB partition at the top of your drive and installing an emergency Lion startup image on it.....for emergencies.

SnapMan said:
Try burning an rBoot disk and booting from that, then go back into Lion and try to figure out why it isn't working.

You might try making a small 20 GB partition at the top of your drive and installing an emergency Lion startup image on it.....for emergencies.

I don't know how to burn a rboot disk correctly. I have a mac laptop. Will chimera detect it even though its not detecting my unibeast usb drive?

Please guys I really need help. My project is on mac and I need to give this project in for work. I made the mistake of updating and not backing up. rboot is not working. It says can't find mach kernel and i cant see my mac hd on my windows boot with mac drive.

thingamagid said:
Please guys I really need help. My project is on mac and I need to give this project in for work. I made the mistake of updating and not backing up. rboot is not working. It says can't find mach kernel and i cant see my mac hd on my windows boot with mac drive.
Pull the drive with your project and get a dock for your drive if, as I understand, you a Mac Laptop. Then you can work the problem without the pressure. :think:

to burn an iso CD on your Mac:
You choose the file, then tell the program you want to burn it. So, to burn an ISO image to disc, here's what to do:
Download the rboot file and unpack. Put the iso file on the desktop.
Insert a blank disc.
Start Disk Utility.
From the File menu, choose Open Disk Image and select the ISO to be burned.
In the list of volumes, you will now see an item representing the ISO file. Select it.
Click the Burn button and follow the instructions. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back