Contribute
Register

Mac OS X resets time in Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
i use that method, and have noticed no issues on windows 7 home premium 64bit

Ok, thanks! I've been googling for an alternative solution for over an hour today, but there only seem to be broken patches/mods for OS X or this method on Windows.

GB's REGEDIT solution has been running smooth and stable for me going on a week now. Have run system updates to both my Lion and Win 7 setups. No issues to report.

1. Boot Windows

2. Click Start -->type regedit in the 'Search Programs and Files' box. Click on regedit.exe in the box above that appears. Type in passward if popup appears and asks for one. When the "Do you want to allow this program to change your machine" box pops up click yes.

3. The Windows Registry Editor should pop up.
Navigate within the explorer to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation

4. Click on the TimeZoneInformation "folder" from the navigation pane if you haven't already done so.

5. This assumes the correct key doesn't exist. If it does, you will just change the existing key's value: Right click on the white space within the folder (If you don't have a right mouse button, you may need to download a program called applemouse to emulate the "control-click" of the apple 1-button mouse).
Select new --> DWORD Value. Title the key "RealTimeIsUniversal" (No quotes). Set the value to "1" (No quotes again).

6. Either reboot and set the clock in MacOS or set the clock in Windows. You should now be able to reboot into either OS and have a correct clock.

this fix worked for the two different OSs but it does not work for the Bios clock, your bios clock will differ from your two OS clocks. The only fix for this problem is to have a BIOS with UTC on it you need to get a custom bios for that, OR you could use the Kext down below, that is working righteously.

Apples Boot Camp provides a utility that corrects this. Apple Time Service. Works fine on Windows 7 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back