Contribute
Register

Mac OS X on my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Cooler Master 350 Case, Corsair Vengeacne 1x8Gb 1600Mhz, Fortron Aurum Gold 500W PSU, WD 1Tb HDD
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 440
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys,
This is my first thread in this site, so im n00b in mac stuff, but i've always wanted to have mac, but theyre too expensive for me so i saw video on youtube that you can install mac os on pc... So my question is could someone tell me how to... step by step and could provide me with links, what to do and how to install mac os and i need also windows 7 (i mean dual boot) , so here is my specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 @ 3.40GHz CPU
Corsair Vengeance 1x8Gb 1600Mhz CL10 RAM
Asrock Z77 Pro3 MB
nVidia GeForce GT440 512mb GDDR5 GPU
Fortron Aurum Gold 500W PSU
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1Tb HDD

So is it compatible with Mac OS?
Thanks, hope someone will help :)

tonymacx86.com <-- check that link out and read everthing u can it has all the info u need

tonymacx86.com <-- check that link out and read everthing u can it has all the info u need

Thanks, that didn't helped me at all :)

Okay guys im serious can someone really help me!?!?

Hello guys,
This is my first thread in this site, so im n00b in mac stuff, but i've always wanted to have mac, but theyre too expensive for me so i saw video on youtube that you can install mac os on pc... So my question is could someone tell me how to... step by step and could provide me with links, what to do and how to install mac os and i need also windows 7 (i mean dual boot) , so here is my specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 @ 3.40GHz CPU
Corsair Vengeance 1x8Gb 1600Mhz CL10 RAM
Asrock Z77 Pro3 MB
nVidia GeForce GT440 512mb GDDR5 GPU
Fortron Aurum Gold 500W PSU
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1Tb HDD

So is it compatible with Mac OS?
Thanks, hope someone will help :)

I think so. However, if you want to have both Windows 7 and OSX Mountain Lion on your computer, I recommend using separate hard disks for each system meaning that you have to purchase a second hard disk. It is possible to install both on a single hard disk, but in your case you may have to wipe clean your hard disk first since Windows 7 and Mountain Lion uses different partition structures. Do you want to do that?

You also need access to a Mac or another hackintosh running Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.6 or higher in order to purchase and download Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store and create a UniBeast USB stick to boot and install Mountain Lion. If you don't have access to such a computer, you will have to first purchase the Snow Leopard retail DVD from Apple ( http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard ) and uses the iBoot Ivy Bridge CD (available from the download section) to first install Snow Leopard on your computer and access the Mac App Store to download and purchase Mountain Lion ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html ).

I think so. However, if you want to have both Windows 7 and OSX Mountain Lion on your computer, I recommend using separate hard disks for each system meaning that you have to purchase a second hard disk. It is possible to install both on a single hard disk, but in your case you may have to wipe clean your hard disk first since Windows 7 and Mountain Lion uses different partition structures. Do you want to do that?

You also need access to a Mac or another hackintosh running Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.6 or higher in order to purchase and download Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store and create a UniBeast USB stick to boot and install Mountain Lion. If you don't have access to such a computer, you will have to first purchase the Snow Leopard retail DVD from Apple ( http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard ) and uses the iBoot Ivy Bridge CD (available from the download section) to first install Snow Leopard on your computer and access the Mac App Store to download and purchase Mountain Lion ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html ).

First of all thanks for reply with normal information.
Secondly, i guess ill buy another hdd soon for mac.

do anyone know how i can wipe my installation clean and redo it, first time build my hackintosh and it isnt booting

do anyone know how i can wipe my installation clean and redo it, first time build my hackintosh and it isnt booting

The GTX 750 Ti is not supported by OS X. You can't boot with that card installed. You'll need to
use just the integrated graphics of the cpu (HD4600) for now. Set init display first to igfx in
your bios after you've removed the gfx card.

Also it will help others to help you if you put all your hardware into the Basic Information
section of you profile, not in the signature. That's the best way to do it.

Ok thanks and im about to give it a try

i did what you said and it still freezes on the apple screen while trying to but up into osx

sorry it didnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back