Contribute
Register

Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 ; Core i3-3240 ; Intel HD 2500 ; Asus B75M-A video problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo B590
CPU
i5-3230M
Graphics
HD 4000
Hello!

I have read that Intel HD2500 graphics are not the best choice for Hackintosh, but I've seen (screenshots) successful installs and would love to achieve this myself.

Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 installed with UniBeast + MultiBeast-Mavericks-Edition-6.0.1 (Chimera 2.2.1 bootloader).
System boots up ok, but video just goes crazy! :beachball: DVI connection.
I've attached photos how system looks with "-x" option and normal state.

What could you suggest me?

Thanks!

Attachments

• boot_with-x_option.jpg
    boot_with-x_option.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,222
  • normal_boot.jpg
    normal_boot.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,498
I have the same issue as you, running 10.9.1 on a Dell Optiplex 7010, Core i5 and Intel HD2500.
Tried everything, but got graphics corruption. Even tried 10.8.5. No success. I have removed the Intel kexts and I'm running without acceleration. I'm thinking to give a try to 10.9.2 beta to see if there's a new Intel driver that maybe fixes the problem.

Can you tell me, how do you remove Intel kexts?

anything new here?

I've got the same problem like you guys. Booted with flag -x, still works for me (HD2500 Core-i3 3220t), but lot of lags without a functionally kext.

Not sure if it helps but I made a little progress with my Mavericks system (H77N-Wifi MB + i3-3220 CPU, monitor plugged into the DVI port) by deleting the AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext from...

I still can't graphics acceleration to work on this, and was hoping someone in this thread would be able to help me out.

Hey mu2005,

Nothing much of value to add except that I confirm what others have posted. I just built a budget custoMac with an i5-3470 and a Gigabyte B75 Ivy Bridge chipset (same board as Adrian B). I have a PNY GeForce GT 640 card en route, but since it was my weekend and I'm an impatient sort, I decided to try my hand at getting the HD 2500 to work. Of course, latest & greatest OS X (10.9.2) installed painlessly with no issues getting the integrated Realtek ethernet and the ALC887 sound working on my build- absolute child's play thanks to the hard work of many here who have come before me.

When it came to HD2500, I got exactly the same screen as on your screen shot to the left. Tried a bunch of different things, fooled around with the Capri kexts and EFI strings. After blowing a day on it I decided to put the whole thing aside until my GT 640 arrives, as I was never planning to use the HD 2500 anyway, it just happens to be the only thing I have for the next few days that can drive my 27" screen via HDMI.

I have an ancient GeForce 8600GT card and that works swimmingly (just not on the 27" monitor). I'm of Adrian B's mind right now basically. Maybe someone who needs to get it working more badly than I will achieve this.

Cheers,

niteFlight

please tell me how you installed it

Your best chance of a successful installation will come from using supported graphics for the version of OS X that you are trying to run. If you do not have Intel HD3000, HD4000 or above then you should use a compatible GPU with a digital monitor connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back