Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all!
i am quite new to all this OSX86 but very excited about it.
i managed to setup my first EL Capitan about 2 months ago on an old core2quad and p45 mobo, by creating a USB stick from a friends Mac and following tonymac's el capitan guide and it was so easy !!
i loved my el capitan so i bought the SL DVD and installed 10.6 on a HP dv9600. it installed like a breeze so i thought i had it from the start
i was wrong...
i wanted to install OSX on my main machine which is kind of a weird PC...
XEON E5-2670
Lenovo x700 X79 motherboard
XFX R9 280x
8gb ram

but it works great with win10

so sierra is out now, i downloaded it and made a bootable USB with unibeast on my core2quad el capitan
tried it first time in verbose (-v) and i got this :

This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform!
reason mac-f4238cc8

after a bit of a search i found out that SIERRA sees my pc as an iMac17,1 and it doesn't like it...
so i got the Sierra USB on my El Capitan, edited InstallableMachines.plist and added the following line:

<string>Mac-F4238CC8</string>

but i am still getting the same message

could anyone please help me out in this?

Hi all!
i am quite new to all this OSX86 but very excited about it.
i managed to setup my first EL Capitan about 2 months ago on an old core2quad and p45 mobo, by creating a USB stick from a friends Mac and following tonymac's el capitan guide and it was so easy !!
i loved my el capitan so i bought the SL DVD and installed 10.6 on a HP dv9600. it installed like a breeze so i thought i had it from the start
i was wrong...
i wanted to install OSX on my main machine which is kind of a weird PC...
XEON E5-2670
Lenovo x700 X79 motherboard
XFX R9 280x
8gb ram

but it works great with win10

so sierra is out now, i downloaded it and made a bootable USB with unibeast on my core2quad el capitan
tried it first time in verbose (-v) and i got this :

This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform!
reason mac-f4238cc8

after a bit of a search i found out that SIERRA sees my pc as an iMac17,1 and it doesn't like it...
so i got the Sierra USB on my El Capitan, edited InstallableMachines.plist and added the following line:

<string>Mac-F4238CC8</string>

but i am still getting the same message

could anyone please help me out in this?

I suggest the following:

1. Attach your Sierra Installer USB FD to your el Capitan System
  2. Download Clover Configurator to your el Capitan System
  3. Launch Terminal (from Finder> Applications>Utilities)
  4. Terminal command > Dsikutil list
  5. Note the Disk Identifiers for the EFI of your Sierra USB FD installer .
  6. Launch Clover Configurator > Mount EFI >Mount EFI Partition and select the Disk Identifier for Sierra USB FD installer
  7. Sign in with your Pass word
  8. EFI will be mounted on Desktop and the Clover Configurator window will show green Radio button for EFI [toward bottom left]
  9. Double Click the mounted EFI from Desktop and navigate to Clover>config.plist and R-click >open with Clover Configurator ( if anytime an "update of Clover Configurator prompt shows up, you may update and then relaunch and then go to previous navigation & Open with step)
  10. Once Config.plist opens in Clover Configurator , go to SMBIOS [on Left Pane] and click open and using the Magic wand select iMac14.2
  11. Save the Config.plist back in EFI folder of Siera USB FD Installer.
  12. Now reboot and see if you can install the system ion the HD using that USB installer.

Hi and thank you for your answer!
I followed your suggestion step by step without problems but at my dv9600 (which has maverics now cause clover configurator wouldn't run on SL...)
now i don't get the "not supported" message, instead i get a:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

and freezes

no matter what boot flag i used nothing changes
could this be because i didn't use the original el capitan for the USB changes with CCC ?

EDIT 1: I guess there is something wrong with the SIERRA USB after clover configurator. i tried it in 2 more PCs and same thing happens. i ll see if i can fix it and post back

Last edited:
Ok so i managed to rebuild a SIERRA installation USB with unibeast 7.
it starts booting but USB ports die after a few seconds. all of them (i can see the leds from my keyboard, mouse and usb stick go out) and then obviously the root device is not found
I had the same exact problem when i was playing with mavericks and this PC. but i manged to get over it with:
USBBusFix=Yes > (with this USB were going off and on again immediately)
npci=0x3000
cpus=1

But with Sierra USBBusFix does not work. USBs are going dead for good
i also disabled USB3, ethernet and audio but still no luck
are there any other boot flags i can use? or any other suggestions of course :)

OK so I am bringing this up again.
I am giving it a second try
Firstly,since the problem have changed should I make a new post?

After many many tries I understand that the problem is the USB dying on boot and never return. So the system can't see the usb flash anymore and hangs.
All USB ports.I tried all of them.
On mavericks the solution was cpus=1.with that and npci there was just a flash and uses were back again. Then I had a clean nice install with only the XFX to worry about

So I have 2 questions if you please
1. SIERRA.Any suggestions on the usb problem would be great.I really am in a dead end here. I tried all bootflags
2. MAVERICKS.I am told about loading an Asus rs 280x firmware on clover boot. Found the firmwares.is there any similar technique for chameleon?

I really want to make this work.! Please guys any hint ,just anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back