Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, Ok lets get to my point.

I installed Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 to my Gateway SX 2800 Computer.

Is working flawless but each time I restart or turn on my desktop I need to have the iBoot disk inside, or else it will go trough the Mac OS and will not work.

Help Please. :cry:

**AND MY MONITOR RESOLUTION IS NOT CORRECT I HAVE A 19" WIDESCREEN 1440 X 900 MAX. RESOLUTION. AND ON THE MAC OS IT ONLY SHOWS THE FOLLOWING RESOLUTION: 1024 x 768, HOW CAN I CHANGE IT, OR FIX IT?**

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED

ijhu said:
Make sure your OSX HDD is the first boot in priority not the CD/DVD ROM.

WOW.
Thank You So Much, I will change it right now. I will update you of what happens.

I will restart my desktop right now.

dhacker809 said:
ijhu said:
Make sure your OSX HDD is the first boot in priority not the CD/DVD ROM.

WOW.
Thank You So Much, I will change it right now. I will update you of what happens.

I will restart my desktop right now.

Well ok I restart my computer change the settings in BIOS but still didn't boot up, I took a Picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20110815_214647.jpg
    IMG_20110815_214647.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 134
Mmmmm, what you change? A change in Bios of order boot, as I now, no do that KP.

abelpinate said:
Mmmmm, what you change? A change in Bios of order boot, as I now, no do that KP.

I changed the boot start:

1. CD/DVD
2. Hard Drive

but when I change it to Hard Drive first it still had the same problem so I just change it back to CD/DVD first and started up my desktop with the iBoot disk. And works fine.

dhacker809 said:
Wow you guys leave me with my mouth open, i will try it, and yes you are correct every time I go to system preferences in Mac OS and click on voodoo it says something weird like "To use the “VoodooPS2” preferences pane, System Preferences must quit and reopen." I click ok, and then this appears "ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad not found error"
and for the voodoo audio it says "Error Can't map Memory"

my question is how do i uninstall it, or disable it?

the voodoops2 is different than voodoohda ,to remove the hda one ,boot with -x so u dont get KP when u remove the kext > go to S/L/E and remove it then open kext util to fix the permissions .the ps2 is for ur ps2 keyboard/mouse to work 'its a totaly dif story'
also i dont think there is a prefpane for the vodops2 'wierd' anyway do as above and replay back if any error.

littleone said:
dhacker809 said:
Wow you guys leave me with my mouth open, i will try it, and yes you are correct every time I go to system preferences in Mac OS and click on voodoo it says something weird like "To use the “VoodooPS2” preferences pane, System Preferences must quit and reopen." I click ok, and then this appears "ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad not found error"
and for the voodoo audio it says "Error Can't map Memory"

my question is how do i uninstall it, or disable it?

the voodoops2 is different than voodoohda ,to remove the hda one ,boot with -x so u dont get KP when u remove the kext > go to S/L/E and remove it then open kext util to fix the permissions .the ps2 is for ur ps2 keyboard/mouse to work 'its a totaly dif story'
also i dont think there is a prefpane for the vodops2 'wierd' anyway do as above and replay back if any error.

Ok well I did a quick search and I found out that theres a way to delete voodoohda.
go to: System/Library/PreferencePanes/ then look for VoodooHDA and delete it.

but I don't know why I even mention it, because it didn't worked, I still ended up having the same screen again.

Because I'm not a geek in Mac, just windows:)

I would appreciated if you could give me step by step directions. I didn't even understood a word of what you said of the -x and the S/L/E

Please I beg to help me.

I don't really know if this is going to help but this is what I got when I opened Kext Utility right now.

Attachments

• 2011-08-16_00-42-50.jpg
    2011-08-16_00-42-50.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 127
dhacker809 said:
Ok well I did a quick search and I found out that theres a way to delete voodoohda.
go to: System/Library/PreferencePanes/ then look for VoodooHDA and delete it.

but I don't know why I even mention it, because it didn't worked, I still ended up having the same screen again.

Because I'm not a geek in Mac, just windows:)

I would appreciated if you could give me step by step directions. I didn't even understood a word of what you said of the -x and the S/L/E

Please I beg to help me.

I don't really know if this is going to help but this is what I got when I opened Kext Utility right now.

okey
step by step
*what u deleted from the prefpan is the voodoohda controller that control the channel/sound panning 'good u deleted but its not the main kext that causing the problem'

1-restart ur comp and when u get to the boot screen press any key and type -x 'u will see it at the end of the screen' this will boot u in the safemode so when u delete any drivers u wont get KP instantly.
to find it (open ur Sl driver > system > library > extensions) and u will find it also @ the end of the folder ,delete it and open Kext-Util to fix the perm.

2-while u r in safemode 'hopefully the keyboard is working' open multibeast > drivers & bootloaders > kext & enablers > misc > check iousbfamily & voodoo ps2 controller
so the ps2 and usb devices works properly ,then restart.

btw ,one last very important note
remove any duplicates kexts from E/E that u already have in S/L/E so u dont get into any conflictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back