ASUS PRIME H310M-E
CPU
i5-9400F
Graphics
RX 580 OC
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey!

I have installed Mac OS X on my PC, specs are on the left-hand side.

Everthing worked on 10.6.3 - but after I have installed the Combo-Update (10.6.7) and MultiBeast, Mac OS X does not start. I tried every boot flag like -x, -f, -v or PciRoot=1 - But it does not help.

The white screen and the Apple logo with the circle-animation is shown, but after 1-2 minutes the logo is canceled. When I boot with -v it freezes at "Still waiting for root device".

Please help!

When you say everything worked in 10.6.3 what exactly does that mean?

Did it boot from the HDD, audio, networking and graphics work without the iBoot disk?

Did you use a DSDT or EasyBeast? What kexts did you select?

Is your HDD SATA or IDE? What make/model.....it may not be supported in 10.6.7?

When you start with the iBoot disk, can you stop it at the Chameleon screen by hitting the space bar? If so you could try to insert your 10.6.3 DVD and run disk utilities from the DVD.

SnapMan said:
When you say everything worked in 10.6.3 what exactly does that mean?

Did it boot from the HDD, audio, networking and graphics work without the iBoot disk?

Mac OS X ran as it should. After the installation I have even seen the welcome-video. Audio works, networking and graphics don't (Wlan-Stick is unsupported). It booted from HDD.

SnapMan said:
Did you use a DSDT or EasyBeast? What kexts did you select?

Is your HDD SATA or IDE? What make/model.....it may not be supported in 10.6.7?

I followed this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=17170

SnapMan said:
When you start with the iBoot disk, can you stop it at the Chameleon screen by hitting the space bar? If so you could try to insert your 10.6.3 DVD and run disk utilities from the DVD.

Yes I can, but what should I do in disk utilities? Try to reinstall 10.6.3?

Thanks for your help for now.

Some pictures of my problem.

Attachments

• 330867034.998118.jpg
    330867034.998118.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 103
boot with -v

Attachments

• 330867307.350355.jpg
    330867307.350355.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 87
please read above, already done that.

If you insert the Snow Leopard disk and get to disk utilities, select your HDD in the left panel then run repair disk and repair permissions. Then see if you can boot to your HDD directly....you can try the flags if you need to. Try to reboot without the CD in the drive.

If you can't boot directly via the HDD, try to boot with iBoot again and see if you can get into Snow Leopard (after running the disk utilities). If you can, then you can try to run system utilities in MultiBeast and perhaps re-install Chameleon or Chimera.

yeah i would boot up with Iboot then swap to SL dvd, then try -v PciRoot=1 to get back into the disc utility to repair permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back