Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Laptops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueking said:
HP Probook 4530s and similar models are all cleared to update with no losses, and added video functionality!

Wifi gave us a problem but with a rollback to the 10.7.2 IO80211Family we are good to go!

blueking, can you elaborate on the procedure to "rollback to the 10.7.2 IO80211Family"?

thx

First: Backup to a flash drive your 10.7.2 Nvidia and IO80211Family WiFi Kexts

My laptop is Intel Core2 Duo with Nvidia 9600M GT. I updated from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3 by dowloading the update from within Lion and installed the update. When computer started after installation, I got Kernel Panic so I restarted used Single User (-S) and was able to boot into Lion 10.7.3. All was working except for my WiFi. So I copied the 10.7.2 Nvidia and the IO80211Family WiFi Kexts from the backup I made to System/Library/Extensions folder thus replacing the 10.7.3 versions. I rebooted and everything is working perfectly.

Hope this helps someone.

Mike

smceja said:
blueking said:
HP Probook 4530s and similar models are all cleared to update with no losses, and added video functionality!

Wifi gave us a problem but with a rollback to the 10.7.2 IO80211Family we are good to go!

blueking, can you elaborate on the procedure to "rollback to the 10.7.2 IO80211Family"?

thx

If you have a 4530s, it will do it for you. Otherwise just save that kext from 10.7.2 and then reinstall afterwards.

i basically get a normal boot, looking at the verbose, but after loading the ntfs, after which it goes into the os.. it shows a message

psynch thread entry with same sequence already present

and starts repeating it with different pid's

any ideas?

EDIT: Solution

i reinstall the os, and after Multibeast i delete the Geforce7xxx.kext from extension folder and reboot and it run with full graphic and full solution :)

Hi

i have make a usb stick with unibeast and lion 10.7.3 from appstore, it boot ok, it installed ok, but after first boot i have graphic error. When i boot with flag "GraphicsEnabler=No" than its ok, but only with this. Its a HP DV9000 with geforce go 7600. Snow leopard run perfect on it. Can i delete this driver and use from snow? See attached screenshot. Thanks

Nico

Attachments

• foto1.JPG
    foto1.JPG
    522.2 KB · Views: 654
Dear All,

before updating my retail install to 10.7.3 (I was 10.7.2) I had a fully funcional pc where the old problem with the USB ports and the Shoot Down were correctly looked after by these kexts:

VoodooSDHC.Kext
Ev0reboot.Kext

Now I have the same kexts in the folder but I have the problems below:

- If the computer goes to sleep on wake it will restart with a black screen
- When I turn it off it will restart
- The card reader is not working any longer
- The Right usb port if I plug in a mouse will not work, if I plug in a USB SD Card Reader the card gets read immediatelly.

As anyone a solution or where to look to understand better the problem?

Thanks

Following on my post above I have noticed from the kernel log that the VoodooSDHC Kext is no longer loaded correctly. Has anyone any idea of the reason (and a solution)?

Feb 9 17:53:28 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooSDHCI ::: an SDHCI driver for Ricoh, TI, and JMicron SD Host Controllers ::: rev 20091008
Feb 9 17:53:28 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooSDHCI: initializing SD host controller
Feb 9 17:53:28 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooSDHCI: failed to create an interrupt source

Thanks

I was wondering if somebody can post an easy guide about updating the HP 4530s from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3
I believe it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hey,

I am new here but I spend many hours of research to install Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard on my Samsung R560 Mebugo. I found the kexts on a russian blog and there are working perfectly fine (as long as I do not install MultiBeast 3.1 - otherwise at least my trackpad is not working anymore)

No here is my question:
I tried to install Lion Mac OS 10.7 with xMove. The installation startet but then my system crashed. Fortunately I could boot again and there I was with Lion BUT I was asked to enter my password. I didn't enter a password before so I don't have a clue what to enter. I tried to restart my Snow Leopard Installation (form USB) and tried to reset the password. Again I rebooted in Lion and again I was asked to enter a password. Am I doing anything wrong?

Thank you very much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back