Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.1 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works like a charm.
Sound missing after update. After AppleHDA rollback everything works great.

Thanks a lot! :thumbup:

EASy

luthepa1 said:
I too get a KP each time I try to boot after 10.7.1 update for the VoodooHDA 2.7.2. I am about to try deleting the VoodooHDA kext and try older one also. Then will also try updating back to VoodooHDA 2.7.2 like mentioned.

You do not need to delete VoodooHDA.kext. Instead boot to single user mode, rename /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext to AppleHDA.kext.no_use or move the AppleHDA.kext somewhere. Than reboot and boot with kernel parameter -f.

Login and reboot without any kernel parameter. All should work than.

Reason for that: AppleHDA.kext and most releases of VoodooHDA.kext may not be together at the same system. 10.7.1 does install a new AppleHDA.kext (and probably any further update will install a new version of AppleHDA.kext). So after every Lion update you need to do the same procedure. More easy: You should delete/move AppleHDA.kext before first boot directly after every (Combo)-update installation.

I tried the SleepEnabler.kext ...had to boot into Terminal to delete it as it KP'd straight away :cry:

Does anyone know what files are involved in sleep that might have been replaced?

All went well with Software update. No need to roll back as I don't use onboard audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back