Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Supplemental Update (and Combo Update v1.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all,
i did the hda rollback again and problem solved. thanx everyone.

I installed this a few weeks ago and have been using W7 since. Last weekend I finally tried to boot into Snow Leopard for the first time since the update and it hangs at the white screen with the gray apple in the middle. I tried a verbose boot and it seems to post a PS2 error.

I tried to boot using iBoot and I get kernel panic. Any advice other than wiping my SL partition and starting over? If that's the case, luckily I won't lose any files since I keep a common drive to store between W7 and SL, but I would hate to have to wipe.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

ASUS P755D Pro motherboard, i5 750, 4GB ram, 1TB hdd, Nvidia 8800 GS video, HP BD Writer bd340i, 10.6.3 Retail DVD + iboot 3.1.1 + multi-beast 3.8.0

Worked like a charm to perform clean installation, however have to use safe mode boot on start-up. Patched kernel to 10.6.8 rev 1.1 combo update + multibeast 3.8 with specific dsdt file located on desktop.

next boot led to this issue.

Running into blank apple screen post 10.6.8 rev 1.1 update. Using verbose mode the last line thatis displayed is as follows:

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

Trying a few additional commands from the iboot menu.... will report back soon

I lost my audio, and QuickTime lost the ability to play any videos with audio (you can scrub but you can't play.)

Restoring back to plain 10.6.8 until I have time to mess with it.

Having a crippling issue installing the update to take SL from 10.6 to 10.6.8. I've been through the install 6 or 7 times, rebooting at all the right times, exactly as laid out for Sandy Bridge (socket 1155) cpu and everything works fine until I actually install the update and then reboot--then get half black/halfgrey endless OS boot screen with the apple and rotating circle when I boot from the HDD with the SL install.

Booted in verbose and took a snapshot of where it freezes, don't know why it is getting caught up on USB and PCI kexts? There is nothing at all in the (single) PCI slot. Here is my build:

CPU: i7 2600K 3.4ghz
MB: GA-H67N-USB3-B3
HDD: Western Digital 500gb 7200RPM 16mb cache
MEM: Corsair DDR3 1333 8gb XM3
GRAPHICS: No card, attempting to use onboard i7 HD3000 (I know it is not SL supported, but using native until I get a stable build/install, 1024 x7 whatever, fine for now)

Motherboard has one PCI slot and I'm not using it. Couldn't be more simple...HD, CPU, Optical Drive, MB, Ram?? Nothing fancy yet. VGA out the back. Nothing in the USB's except KB and Mouse. Both working 100%, and so is the display.

Help?

Attachments

• endlessboot.jpeg
    endlessboot.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 330
  • kext problem.jpeg
    kext problem.jpeg
    735.7 KB · Views: 560
I get the same problem after update to 10.6.8. I've done this countless times. Any advice?

Motherboard: Ecs 945g m3
Processor: intel E4300 core2 duo
Ram: 2x 1G ddr2
Pci: empty

It's older but it works until update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back