Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Steps 1 and 2 work perfectly installing snow leopard on my i5 sandy bridge 2.8ghz system.
However i run the update helper then open multibeast and install the 10.6.8 combo update. The combo update forces me to restart before running multibeast and then my system wont even boot into snow leopard with iboot.
please help?

Attachments

• restart error.jpg
    restart error.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 870
This is where I am as well, keep getting crashed and have to start from restore. Any luck with 10.6.7 working?

Seems like we're all in the same boat together... Here was my post that was posted in the wrong side of the forums.

"Ok, I have been trying relentlessly all weekend to get osx lion installed on my build with no such luck. Here's my build:
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3

Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD 6870

Sata 160 gb 7200rpm hdd

RAM 16GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3

Power Supply Corsair 750watt

I have tried following the walkthrough religiously and have received a copy of custombeast to help in the install with no such luck. I can get snow leopard up and running with no issues. My issue is getting up and running after I update to combo update 10.6.7 or 10.6.8. I feel like my best choice is going for 10.6.7 since after I install 10.6.8, the computer decides to reboot itself, not allowing me to run either multibeast, or custombeast.

I have also tried just going purely to lion 10.7.2 with the unibeast + Lion combo and starting fresh from there. It allows me to begin the lion install, but after the reboot, I'm left staring at a plain screen with a gray apple on it.

Going the snow leopard route seems to have gotten me closer, and I have also tried with the other tools like Updatehelper, Multibeast, and alternating with custombeast after I hit a dead end and end up reinstalling snow leopard again. I am making sure I am deleting the /Extra folder before running custombeast as well. I'm either terribly lost or I'm doing something completely wrong. Watching YouTube videos of successful installs feels like such a tease now.

Yes, I have already changed my bios settings as advised.

Thanks in advance..."

I can post the step by step guide of what I am doing, but it will only look like what I am currently copying from the site. This project will also be postponed until I get another hard drive since I find it hard to operate without a working computer.

The Combo Update will say "Reboot", just don't click the button. Run Multibeast and the Combo Update will just sit there waiting for you to click when MultiBeast is finished.

georgeba said:
The Combo Update will say "Reboot", just don't click the button. Run Multibeast and the Combo Update will just sit there waiting for you to click when MultiBeast is finished.

Not if you have a Sandy Bridge processor. The 10.6.8 Combo Update will kernel panic (and therefore prevent you from using Multibeast), unless you run Update Helper beforehand.

I'm in the same boat here, but UpdateHelper didn't seem to help.

I'm getting a kernel panic that says:

AppleSMCPDRC::start - unrecognized device type 'pci8086,100'\n"@/SourceCache/IOPlatformPluginFamily/IOPlatformPluginFamily-411.0.0/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin/AppleSMCPDRC.cpp:70

So again, UpdateHelper was run immediately before the combo update. What do I do now? Another hour of reinstalling SL 10.6.3, then what?

Did you ever get this to work? I can get the 10.6.7 update working, but when I try using the 10.6.8 to work... it won't work it forces restart and I have to reinstall Snow Leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back