Contribute
Register

Mac OS works with onboard video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captura de tela 2012-12-02.png

Going Bald, I did this procedure as screen and continues with the same CPU problema. My is the Sandy Bridge family.

Thank you,
Fernando.

Screen 2012-12-02.pngshutdown.jpg

I did this as the image. I went into verbose mode and I am posting the screen in time to shut down.

thank you,
Fernando

View attachment 39951View attachment 39952

I did this as the image. I went into verbose mode and I am posting the screen in time to shut down.

thank you,
Fernando

Datasoftbrinfo

You selected the subset of the operation that you need to do - anytime you run multibeast and install options / kexts (files)
you need to select the System Utilities - this selects the repair permissions and rebuild cache which was not done both need to be done before any reboots after you have run MultiBeast

So please try it again - infact as you have selected the Kext you wanted to install you only need to run the System Utilities .

I tried again and it does not really work. I got to get another evOreboot and installed with Kext Utility sends off more whenever it starts again.

Note: When I say I do a rebuild cache and repair permissons

thank you

I tried again and it does not really work. I got to get another evOreboot and installed with Kext Utility sends off more whenever it starts again.

Note: When I say I do a rebuild cache and repair permissons

thank you

Data.....

No if your using the Multibeast program you do not need to get another evOreboot kext.

When you run you install program from MultiBeast and exit the program you need to run it (multiBeast) again. And only select the SYSTEM UTILITIES box. And run that.

Can you try to boot up w the following commands at the start up -
you have a sandy bridge CPU and need to have the CPIRootUID value set to 0.

-v -f PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

See what happens here - take picture and post.

Then do the same - but - BOOT from the iBoot CD - select the OSX HD and enter the commands above - take picture and post I want to see if your Chimera settings in the boot loader are messed up.

If this gets a normal desktop w normal video and you can change the resolution it from the Apple Control Panel. Tell us.
Which way works for this function.

The OSX installer default video is 1024x768x32 @60Hz this may show up but you should be able to change the screen resolution if the OS is reading the VIDEO Card correctly.

Also you may want to try the same experiment w the HD5440 ATI card you friend has - the Nvidia 610 is a no go for OSX Snow Leo.

Also if your original DVD was not the Apple White OSX 10.6.0 or 10.6.3 install DVD then I suggest you redo the complete install from scratch - wipe the Hard Drive.

So you have 4 test to do - 2 w the 8400 GS 2 w the ATi 54xx - 2 boot methods - one from boot-loader on the hard drive one from the iBoot CD.

If you have another 8400 video card from another manufacture you may want to try that as well - just tell us what is what.

I installed the 10.6.3 Snow Leopard Install DVD I bought at the Apple Store. When you finish installing the video is actually caught in 1024 x 768 60Hz and not let change the resolution using the Geforce 8400 GS.

I'll redo the whole installation again trying evOReboot because it says the disk with this problem and can no longer be repaired, maybe this is my Hard Disk problems.

Note: Vi say no need Kext for this video card more did not get a good quality video and set a resolution higher than 1028 x 768.

thank you

I installed the 10.6.3 Snow Leopard Install DVD I bought at the Apple Store. When you finish installing the video is actually caught in 1024 x 768 60Hz and not let change the resolution using the Geforce 8400 GS.

I'll redo the whole installation again trying evOReboot because it says the disk with this problem and can no longer be repaired, maybe this is my Hard Disk problems.

Note: Vi say no need Kext for this video card more did not get a good quality video and set a resolution higher than 1028 x 768.

thank you

Data...

From one of your earlier posts you said you have this cpu - Yes You do ?
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000

If you do have this processor and it has the HD3000 built in GFX you can use this or the 8400-

If you do have a sandy Bridge CPU you will need to use the program Update helper w your Sandy Bridge processor - this is available in downloads.

Read this link - Mac OSC 10.6.8 update - and Update Helper for I5 Sandy Bridge
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/06/mac-os-x-1068-update.html
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/get-ready-for-os-x-lion-update-to-1068.html

This is the short hand method for an install -
How to do a sandybridge cpu w compatable hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT

Boot up options you will use -v -f PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No (you could try this w a Yes)

GraphicsEnabler= turn on/off the extra functions on the GFX cards!

Captura de tela 2012-12-08 às 15.15.01.pngCaptura de tela 2012-12-08 às 15.14.37.pngCaptura de tela 2012-12-07 às 21.42.32.jpgCaptura de tela 2012-12-07 às 21.42.45.jpg
totenkopf4 did all procedures as you said, however got the same problem when I send off a few seconds it shuts down and restarts the computer.

I realized that AppleHDA in verbose mode and cause some errors when I delete this kext the audio does not work.

This issue can be motherboard or HD source?

Note: I tried some kexts as OpenHaltRestart.kext more without success. I realized that if I put a Pendriver and he rides normal, when I send off it works.

My CPU is i7-2600 with HD2000 video so I'm trying with Nvidia 8400GS

Any help is welcome, thanks.

View attachment 40461View attachment 40462View attachment 40463View attachment 40464
totenkopf4 did all procedures as you said, however got the same problem when I send off a few seconds it shuts down and restarts the computer.

I realized that AppleHDA in verbose mode and cause some errors when I delete this kext the audio does not work.

This issue can be motherboard or HD source?

Note: I tried some kexts as OpenHaltRestart.kext more without success. I realized that if I put a Pendriver and he rides normal, when I send off it works.

My CPU is i7-2600 with HD2000 video so I'm trying with Nvidia 8400GS

Any help is welcome, thanks.

Datasoftbrinfo

You did use the UpdateHelper program during your install.

If you can turn off the onboard video in the bios for the CPU to test

Are you using the command GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No or none at all.

Also you should look at this thread and look at post 6 as he used the same Video card and used Drivers from Nvidia
http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...ly-gray-apple-logo-screen-before-spinner.html

Not sure what you said about
did all procedures as you said, however got the same problem when I send off a few seconds it shuts down and restarts the computer.

If the system is shutting down itself and then restarting this is not good - if this is a shut down that you told it to do and it restarting thats something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back