Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel NUC Skull Canyon NUC6i7KYK
CPU
i7-6770HQ
Graphics
Intel iris Pro 580
Hi guys, I'm new on this forum :)
can someone help me to install mac os sierra on the brand new skull canyon by intel ? this mini pc is awesome ^^
These are my components
HyperX Impact HX421S13IB/16
Samsung MZ-N5E250BW 850 EVO SSD
can someone help me ? please

Hi, I didn't see you mentioned the functionality of Thunderbolt 3 under macOS Sierra in your article. Do you have any information about its availability to use?

I have no TB devices.

I have no TB devices.
Thanks. I tried your plan but finally give up, leaving some feedback to you for your reference:

1. Thunderport 3 port works with USB2 device (USB3 not tested). Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 could be recognized if plugged prior to power-on and logging-in to the system (macOS Sierra 10.12.1). However, the device won't get recognized (even if re-plugged) once the computer went slept. In this case, reboot is needed.

2. The computer sleeping could also lead to random lost-contact with any device connected to the on-board USB3 port. Re-plug could help in this case.

3. The provided terminal scripts for disabling sleeping may not work.

4. The Clover config profiles provided are based on a non-SkyLake iMac model, which could trigger an error while compiling native CPU power-management SSDT.aml file (prompted "wrong board"). I pressed "Y/N/N" and get the compiled files. (If pressed "N/N/N", nothing generated.)

5. Only the Clover config profile provided with "install" string in the filename is bootable for Skull Canyon in my case. The iGPU was recognized as Iris Pro P580 but still fully functional with DisplayPort (needs to change the iGFX injection code in Clover).

6. Intel RAID (using two Intel 540 SSDs for RAID setup through UEFI settings) is not recognizable by macOS Sierra Installer. I tried AppleRAID (configured through the Disk Utility shipped from macOS Sierra Installer) and it works, requiring duplicated install and settings of Clover on EFI partitions of both RAID member SSDs.

For your information.

# EOF.

2. The computer sleeping could also lead to random lost-contact with any device connected to the on-board USB3 port. Re-plug could help in this case.

Eject over sleep is a common problem. I don't have it with the devices I use, but it is not uncommon. Your problem is likely caused by incorrect USB configuration (failure to use correct config.plist and ACPI/patched content)... see below.

3. The provided terminal scripts for disabling sleeping may not work.

No idea what you're referring to. There are no scripts in my guide for "disabling sleeping".

4. The Clover config profiles provided are based on a non-SkyLake iMac model, which could trigger an error while compiling native CPU power-management SSDT.aml file (prompted "wrong board"). I pressed "Y/N/N" and get the compiled files. (If pressed "N/N/N", nothing generated.)

It is not an error. Ignore.

5. Only the Clover config profile provided with "install" string in the filename is bootable for Skull Canyon in my case.

It means you made a mistake. The "install" config is for USB only. The other configs are for once you have correct kexts installed and correct contents in ACPI/patched.

The iGPU was recognized as Iris Pro P580 but still fully functional with DisplayPort (needs to change the iGFX injection code in Clover).

You did not follow the guide. IGPU injection is done in SSDT, not config.plist.

6. Intel RAID (using two Intel 540 SSDs for RAID setup through UEFI settings) is not recognizable by macOS Sierra Installer.

macOS/OS X does not support Intel RAID.

I tried AppleRAID (configured through the Disk Utility shipped from macOS Sierra Installer) and it works, requiring duplicated install and settings of Clover on EFI partitions of both RAID member SSDs.

Yes, as expected.

I did test a thunderbolt3 to thunderbolt2 network dongle and is working
Unable to test it anymore on my side. I already sold my skull canyon out through eBay. Skull Canyon has really bad thermal design and always thermal throttling. Still thanks for your intel.

Hello everyone!
I followed RehabMan's manual and now have a pretty operational hackintosh. Thank you, RehabMan!
The only issue I have is with waking from sleep. The power led goes to white, but nothing happens then. Display remains black.
I installed Sierra 10.12.1 if this does matter. I generated SMBIOS for 14.2 iMac and then inserted the appropriate piece into clover's config file using vi. I tried both DP and HDMI - does not make a difference. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back