Contribute
Register

Mac OS Sierra audio (HDMI Audio) fix, worked for me !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77N-WIFI
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everybody

This is how I fixed my audio. If you have a problem and you want a quick fix for audio in Mac OS Sierra.

Here is what I did

Mac OS Sierra Audio / HDMI Audio Fix:

Download VoodooHDA 2.8.8 pkg installer 1.0
Run the installer, reboot & now you should have working onboard audio & HDMI audio
If it doesn't work for you. open sound preferences & check if the right device for sound output is selected.

Now everything is working & without complicated edit. :headbang:
This could work for you as well. You have to try to see if it works for you or not.
Try this on your own risk.

Please note: If you have working onboard audio and you want to try this to fix HDMI Audio this might disable/replace the working kexts.

Fix for a noise: If you have a bad noise after you have installed VoodooHDA 2.8.8 pkg installer 1.0
You need to do this: Show all files (use ShowAllFiles app) Then go to System/Library/Extensions find VodooHDA.kext copy it to desktop.
Delete the original kext in Extensions folder. Go to the kext on the desktop - Show package content, open contents folder, open info.plist with text edit

<key>PCM</key>
<integer>90</integer>
<key>Rec</key>
<integer>70</integer>
<key>iGain</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>iMix</key>
<integer>0</integer>

Under iGain change the value from 90 to <integer>0</integer> Save the change. After that run KextBeast
Select the destination folder: System/Library/Extensions
Reboot, done no more noise or bad audio.

If this doesn't work for you you can try
USB2.0 External 3D Virtual 7.1 Channel Audio Sound Card Adapter
This Audio Sound Card Adapter works OOB and the sound is good. If you can't get onboard audio working this is the best & quickest option.

Other methods look here

Attachments

• VoodooHDA-v2.8.8.pkg.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 416
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back