Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P5B-MX/Wi-Fi AP
CPU
Intel Pentium E2140
Graphics
Intel GMA X3000
Hi. I am new to the world of hackintosh. Therefore, I am writing here and I hope for support. Here's the thing:
I have an old computer which is very urgent need to install a Hackintosh.
Here are its specifications:
Processor: Intel Pentium E2140
MB: Asus P5B-MX/Wi-FI AP (946GZ chipset)
Graphics: Intel GMA X3000
sATA HDD 120GB
I know that the graphics card is not very good. But I know that was almost the same in older Macs. I do not need Yosemite, or Siera, I want Snow Leopard or Leopard only. Can we somehow put Mac on the system? Prompt which fit assembly, or may be replaced by any component of the system?

When Apple went from PowerPC to Intel in 2005/2006 they used Core2 Duo or Core2Quad Txxx or Xeon CPUs. Pentiums were never supported. Apple quit supporting GMA/GMX graphics with 10.6.4 and later.
You might possibly be able to install 10.6.0 using iBoot Legacy but there are no guarantees you will get it working 100% even if you manage to install.
If you want to try and have problems post in the Snow Leopard Desktop Support forum, not in Buying Advice.

Sorry, the first time I am writing, and accidentally fell into this section. Next time I will not be wrong.
I still want to try to install Mac on the PC. Can you help with the assembly? Or do I install the retail version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back