Contribute
Register

Mac OS on Intel DH57JG + GeForce 8400 GS (solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I tried to install Snow Leo on the brand new Intel DH57JG Mini ITX like this:

1. Boot with Tonys Boot CD
2. Change CD to Retail Snow LEO DVD (8 GB, Dual Layer)
3. Press F5
4. Type Busratio=22
5. Enter

It is OK, but then the first install screen says: Mac OS X cannot be installed on this computer. I use a 500 GB Samsung 2,5" Sata in AHCI modus. I tried it with deleted Hard disk and then with formatet with Mac OS, but the installation won't processed. :banghead:

What is the problem? Mainboard? Can anyone help?

Re: Installation on Intel DH57JG Mini ITX (Core i3 530)

Well, for starters you'll never get it working properly on that board, as you'd need to use a compatible graphics card and Intel's HD graphics doesn't work with OS X.

I have no idea why you're getting the can't be installed message though.

Before you can start the installation you need to go up to Disk Utility in the menu. Format it as GUID and make sure it has a partition as "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)". :thumbup:

this I alreaday tried many times. Even if the partition is there I can only load a backup of existing installation. no possibility to proceeed with the installation.

thelostswede said:
Well, for starters you'll never get it working properly on that board, as you'd need to use a compatible graphics card and Intel's HD graphics doesn't work with OS X.

I have no idea why you're getting the can't be installed message though.

ok. thx for info. if this is sure for 100% then i stopp my all efforts. that is really apitty as thi is a great board. dont you think that upcoming leo version will support this in future?

snow said:
Just an idea:

If I deactivate Intel HD Graphics and put a PCIe graphics card in it. For example this one:

http://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/a340750.html

Could it work?

Yeah- It would have to be something a bit more modern- the 6xxx cards aren't well supported in Snow Leopard. You'd want something like a fanless 9xxx. ;)

ok then this one:

Sparkle GeForce 9400 GT, 512MB DDR2, VGA, DVI, TV-out, PCIe 2.0
(SF-PX94GT512U2-HP Passive)
http://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/a360834.html

it should work, shouldn't it? I think apple use the mobile version (9400M) in imac/apple mini.

But it is 50 Watt maximum Power (dubble then the whole intel PC in idle!) and / 13 watt idle. I hope: if I deactivate the CPU graphics unit it will take make ups a bit the power consumption and it won't be in total that much more.

That's the same as I have, except mine is Sparkle 1gb. It works great with various enabler kexts and also with just GraphicsEnabler. There may be a better option for a tiny computer though.

tonymacx86 said:
There may be a better option for a tiny computer though.

what do you mean? i need actually a fast music pc with mac os x for 1000 albums. can you recommend something performant for this and with mac os?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back