UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear all,

I'm trying to install Mac OS Big Sur on the following configuration:
- Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO
- Sound with ALC1220 codec
- CPU Intel Core i7-9700K (Coffee-Lake)
- SSD Samsung V-Nand SSD 860 EVO 500GB (plugged on SATA0)
- DDR 4 Viper by Patriot 32GB (2 x 16GB) PC4-24000 3000MHz
- Wireless Network Adapter Fenvi FV-T919 (with Bluetooth) compatible with macOS
- USB stick Sandisk USB 3.0 32GB (contains mac OS Big Sur installer and generated EFI)

I boot on my USB stick but after few minutes, I get a black screen. After a moment, PC reboots (infinite loop).

I attach my EFI folder with config.plist (where I just removed the Serial informations I use) that I created following the OpenCore guide for Desktop Coffee-Lake https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/coffee-lake.html#desktop-coffee-lake.

Can you help me getting Big Sur working please?

Arnaud

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 465
Dear all,

I'm trying to install Mac OS Big Sur on the following configuration:
- Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO
- Sound with ALC1220 codec
- CPU Intel Core i7-9700K (Coffee-Lake)
- SSD Samsung V-Nand SSD 860 EVO 500GB (plugged on SATA0)
- DDR 4 Viper by Patriot 32GB (2 x 16GB) PC4-24000 3000MHz
- Wireless Network Adapter Fenvi FV-T919 (with Bluetooth) compatible with macOS
- USB stick Sandisk USB 3.0 32GB (contains mac OS Big Sur installer and generated EFI)

I boot on my USB stick but after few minutes, I get a black screen. After a moment, PC reboots (infinite loop).

I attach my EFI folder with config.plist (where I just removed the Serial informations I use) that I created following the OpenCore guide for Desktop Coffee-Lake https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/coffee-lake.html#desktop-coffee-lake.

Can you help me getting Big Sur working please?

Arnaud
Hi - Try this EFI Folder on the EFI Partition of a test USB Drive and you should at least the desktop of BS. If it works you'll will need to furnish the config.plist with your own data ie, S/N, ROM, MLB and SmUUID. One word of warning, this EFI was tailored for the latest Gigabyte Z390 Pro board ver:F12K.

Oh I just looked at your profile again and I see you're using Integrated graphics so I don't know if this Folder will be any good for you as it is built for dedicated graphics but I will post it in any case maybe you can alter it to suit your needs. Good luck.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 452
Hi,

Thank you esafeddie. I'm sorry but I think I messed when I answered here so I answer again and I hope I'll do it correctly this time.

I've tried your EFI but I get stucked on the Apple logo after I choose my USB key installer. Then I tried to adapt your EFI in order to use the internal GPU of my processor but I'm still stucked on the Apple Logo. And I don't get any log in the EFI partition so I don't know how I can debug more. Do you have any idea?

I also saw your config.plist file contains many information about hardware and I'd like to know where you can get this information. Maybe my problem is here?
Can you send an EFI for integrated GPU (for Coffee-Lake processor) please? I'll try to compare the two files to understand the problem but if you have some links where I can read some explanations or tuto I'm taking also :).

Any help or explanations are welcome.

Regards, Arnaud

Hi,

Thank you esafeddie. I'm sorry but I think I messed when I answered here so I answer again and I hope I'll do it correctly this time.

I've tried your EFI but I get stucked on the Apple logo after I choose my USB key installer. Then I tried to adapt your EFI in order to use the internal GPU of my processor but I'm still stucked on the Apple Logo. And I don't get any log in the EFI partition so I don't know how I can debug more. Do you have any idea?

I also saw your config.plist file contains many information about hardware and I'd like to know where you can get this information. Maybe my problem is here?
Can you send an EFI for integrated GPU (for Coffee-Lake processor) please? I'll try to compare the two files to understand the problem but if you have some links where I can read some explanations or tuto I'm taking also :).

Any help or explanations are welcome.

Regards, Arnaud
Sorry it didn't workout but have a look here - Getting Started→ - You should be able to find the answer to solve the problem. Good luck.

@arnaud2 I have a similar build and going to follow along here...

Question: How did you do your SSDTs (ACPI/*.aml) files? When I followed the Dortania guide attempting with the pre-build ones I wasn't having any luck. After I switched to my own built using SSDTTime I started to see some progress and was able to install on BigSur to the drive.

That said, I'm not 100% there yet though– I'm getting hung when trying to boot to that drive. The installation appeared to work just fine– but booting to MacOS Install drive gets stuck.

I'm not using iGPU ~and am going to have to tinker with what @esafeddie shared~ but here is a link to where I'm at so far if it is helpful in anyway: https://github.com/McCallumDillon/Hackintosh

My PC:
Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi
CPU i5 9400F
VGA RX580 Sapphire Nitro Plus
2x8GB Gskill RAM.

This is my EFI folder, you can try.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3 MB · Views: 501
Hello !

Sorry for being late in my answer but I'm in family for the end of the year but promise I'll continue to update you when I can do some test (in one week, no before).

@hoarkis thank you for your EFI, I'll try when I'm back and I'll update you here.

@r4eshaddict I followed the different links from https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/ssdt-platform.html#desktop then I downloaded the files from the different github repositories. Do you think I should try builing these files by myself instead of using pre-built files?

It seems you manage to go one step further than I do so you give me hope :).

Did you copy your EFI from the USB installer to the target disk after the install process finished?

Regards, Arnaud

Hello !

Sorry for being late in my answer but I'm in family for the end of the year but promise I'll continue to update you when I can do some test (in one week, no before).

@hoarkis thank you for your EFI, I'll try when I'm back and I'll update you here.

@r4eshaddict I followed the different links from https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/ssdt-platform.html#desktop then I downloaded the files from the different github repositories. Do you think I should try builing these files by myself instead of using pre-built files?

It seems you manage to go one step further than I do so you give me hope :).

Did you copy your EFI from the USB installer to the target disk after the install process finished?

Regards, Arnaud
If you were able to install and boot to the Desktop with the EFI Folder on the USB Installer, then yes you use the same EFI Folder form the USB Drive and copy it to your main Drive.

@arnaud2 any luck?
I too with the holiday haven't revisited this too much, but I was/am having a very bizarre issue now. With my EFI shared in that github link above I was able to install BigSur and update to 11.1 just fine– even got FileVault working. That said! This was all done on an SSD– when I tried to move to an Samsung 970 Evo 1tb NVMe drive Big Sur will install, but then hang on boot after I try and update to 11.1. Something about the 11.1 update isn't playing nicely with my NVMe. I have no idea why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back