INTEL HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I would like to use OSX in my computer and i think to buy Mac Mini or Hackintosh. Mac mini have a price about 770 euros with I7 ,ati hd 256 Mb graphic card and 8GB Ram, but i don't know if it is better and cheaper a hackintosh with a hardware without problems with osx or Mac Mini.

Thank you very much

Build a hackintosh its cheaper, alot faster and can be upgraded in the future. No problems with a hackintosh :D

It all depends on how much tinkering you are willing to do.

I was in the same position as you. But my son suddenly wanted to learn how to build a PC, so that made me decide to go Hackintosh.

I have no regrets. My specs would cost $5000 with actual Apple products. All for a price lower than a Mac Mini (of course Monitors cost extra)

On the flip side, if you buy a Mac mini, you take it out of the box, plug it in, and it will work right away. It took me a week to get my Hackintosh to where I wanted it to be.

I have no regrets. Never been so happy with a computer.

Hi,

But you don't have any problems with drivers. Because i red in forums and web pages about the people have more problems and i don't like if i pay 500-600 euros in a pc after osx don't work. Another thing, if the osx will have an update, Can i have any problem?

Thank you very much

cheperun said:
Hi,

But you don't have any problems with drivers. Because i red in forums and web pages about the people have more problems and i don't like if i pay 500-600 euros in a pc after osx don't work. Another thing, if the osx will have an update, Can i have any problem?

Thank you very much

Based on your questions. I strongly suggest you go with a Mac Mini.

I love my Hackintosh, but whenever someone asks me about building, I always tell them to only go forward if they want a fun and challenging project.

Do not build because you need a computer. Especially if you have not done it before.

All your questions and concerns are true. There are no guarantees. It is more than likely you will encounter issues, and you will definitely have to hold off any updates until our good friends in this forum come up with a safe methods, but even at that there are no guarantees.

To summarize:

Mac Mini = Zero Headache, usable and stable computer, but not powerful.

Hackintosh = High performance, but no guarantees.

Hi,
Thank you for you response. I asked budget for a Mac Mini with I7 with 8GB and Harddisk 750GB and it price is 1189 euros and i think it's more expensive. Can you help me with a good motherboard and a good graphic card compatible with OSX because i read a blog with customization mac mini but the components was old. Can you help me please?

Thank you very much

You really need to do a ton more research before you dive into this. My first hack took a month for it to run correctly and I have some previous BSD experience. Learning, trial and error, lurking, more trial and error asking questions and waiting for replies. Learn the terminology, learn it well. Now it takes me an afternoon to get any (compatible) machine stable.
This site and Tony's suggestions are perfect for someone new to this.

Look at the recommended motherboards - find one that fits within your needs, availability and budget. (I recommend gigabyte, as they are well supported here...even though I personally have one anymore)
Then scour the forums and see what the common issues are for that particular board and how easily those problems are solved.

And if english isn't your primary language this is a fantastic place to work on it =]

Let us know how it turns out, we're all here ready to help.

Hi,

I begin to search a good configuration. Now i have this,

Core I7 950
Gigabyte H67n-usb3 b3
Box SilverStone SG05BB with SFX 450 Watt PSU

But i don't know what graphic card and ram memory are compatible. Kingstom is ok?

Thank you

cheperun said:
Hi,

I begin to search a good configuration. Now i have this,

Core I7 950
Gigabyte H67n-usb3 b3
Box SilverStone SG05BB with SFX 450 Watt PSU

But i don't know what graphic card and ram memory are compatible. Kingstom is ok?

Thank you

I recommend you go on the blog, there are tons of recommended builds including a post with recommended Mac Mini-like builds.

And to the guy who said his build would cost almost $5000 to make, your specs are almost on par with the $2,500 base Mac Pro, so you are sort of over exaggerating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back