Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H
CPU
i7-4930
Graphics
HD 4600
Hi All.
Just finished my second hackintosh build
(Core i3-2105 - Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 - HD 3000)

Installed via Tony Mac's Mac Mini 2011 method with unibeast and it worked a dream.
Now I have 10.7 installed and am getting the artefacts on screen via HDMI. I was wondering whether to apply the 10.7.2 combo update and if anyone has jumped straight from 10.7 to 10.7.2 without any hitches?

Feedback would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks

Do you mean sthg like this ?

file.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't help with the screen problem, but everytime I tried to use the updater for 10.7.2 I would get kernel panics regardless of what I did. I suggest you clone your working HDD first with Carbon Copy Cloner, then use the combo updater to update to 10.7.2. If something goes wrong or you can't get back into your 10.7.2 install, you'll have a working copy of 10.7 to copy over your 10.7.2 non-working install and you'll be able to start over without having to do a complete reinstall. I used separate HDDs for this purpose, but you should be able to do the same thing if you partition your HDD into 2 sections.

Here's the links

http://www.bombich.com/
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1459

The recommendation for updating is to always use the Combo Updater, (ie. download and run the .dmg) not the Software Updater from the Apple site.

Reading the posts on the forum, it seems you're not alone, the HD3000 artifacts seem to be a common problem.

georgeba said:
Reading the posts on the forum, it seems you're not alone, the HD3000 artifacts seem to be a common problem.

Ok I see. Thanks for the answer.

georgeba said:
The recommendation for updating is to always use the Combo Updater, (ie. download and run the .dmg) not the Software Updater from the Apple site.

Combo Update via Apple Software Updater worked also for me like a charm. :thumbup: I think you have to find your own way and method to install 10.7.2 :p But dont forget to run Multibeast (for sound) after the reboot of the installation.

regards

Just to throw my tuppence in - I had a few artifacts when I first built the system, but they seem to have been showing up less and less for some reason - I've had none for 3 days now, and I've resumed from sleep and rebooted.

Weird.

I also had HD3000 artefacts when I built my current system. But after removing most of the stuff in org.chameleon.Boot.plist they completely disappeared (at the start I basically had what multibeast gave me).

This was the contents of my original file:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>Kernel</key>
        <string>mach_kernel</string>
        <key>Kernel Flags</key>
        <string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
        <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>Timeout</key>
        <string>2</string>
        <key>Legacy Logo</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

And this is what I'm using now:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>Kernel Flags</key>
        <string>darkwake=0</string>
        <key>Timeout</key>
        <string>2</string>
        <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Another (totally unscientific) thing I have noticed for a few years is that there is a difference in how the apple that is shown in the boot screen is displayed, depending on if you have a working graphic setup or not. If it is working, the apple is shown with shaded greyscales, but if it is not working it is only two shades of grey (or is it the LegacyLogo parameter?).

When I made the changes above to org.chameleon.Boot.plist, the apple in the boot screen went from two colors of grey to the shaded variant and no artefacts ever since.

joppez said:
Code:
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>Kernel Flags</key>
        <string>darkwake=0</string>
        <key>Timeout</key>
        <string>2</string>
        <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Ok. Ill check that later when im home. Thanks! :wave:

// CAN anyone confirm this? Because i dont want to remove the power saving modes (C/P States).

Please try my plist and see if it works on your machine. Then you can add the C- and P-states back in and see if the artefacts comes back. At least we will get some more clues on what is causing this.

After i removed the following line, my Lion need 10 seconds more time to boot:

Code:
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

I removed the following:

Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 </string>

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>

-->> I think i ll put the mach_kernel back in the boot.plist.

The glitches i have once a week or 2 weeks, so im not able to say whether it's a solution for me or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back