Graphics
amd 6870
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I installed Lion 10.7.4 on my hackintosh WD 1TB. When i boot up it hangs on the hdaenabler. I read in a forum to delete these files so I did. Now i get Boot0 errors. I decided to try to retrieve my important files and reinstall. Tried Ubuntu gettting bad superblock, tried using disk utility on another mac machine and can't repair nor mount the hard drive. How to I get access and retrieve my files?

Thanks in advance

Try patrition your HD before installation. Split the HD in two partitions and check if that works better.

try this:

quote(from original macman thread)..
The Actual Problem:
With disk drives getting larger and larger manufacturers have had to change the default block size from 512 bytes to 4,096 bytes. These new drives are known as "Advanced Format" or 4K drives. Initially this was only seen on drives larger than 1 TB but will soon be on all drives. As part of this change there is an issue with OS X writing the boot helper code to these drives when booted from the drive. Because of this they require a workaround to boot on their own.

this post from mac man fixed this issue

Solution 1: Use UniBeast
Pros: Easy- OS X Only
Cons: Requires use of the Terminal and UniBeast drive.

How To Do it:
1. Install Lion Using UniBeast
2. Boot new installation using UniBeast.
3. Run MultiBeast and install as normal
4. Reboot system back into Lion installer.
5. Run Disk Utility and unmount the drive you installed OS Lion on.
6. Launch Terminal and execute the following command:

Code:
dd if=/Volumes/"Unibeast Volume Name"/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

In my case my UniBeast volume is called "OS X 10.7.4" so my command would be:

dd if=/Volumes/OS\ X\ 10.7.4/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

7. Exit Terminal
8. Reboot Normally

NOTE: The about instructions are based on OS X Lion being installed to a hard drive connected to SATA port 0. If you are using a different port you will need to get the drive device name from Disk Utility by selecting the volume and clicking Info.
this works!!!!!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back