Graphics
On Board, Intel Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I wanted info, if i could get 4 HDD's and a ATX board to fit comfortably in a Mac G5 case?
I need all possible solutions...

I want to keep the original look as much as possible.

Is water cooling wise?
4 drives because I do pro audio, 1 SSD for Mac boot, 1 SSD for PC Windows boot, 1 HHD for mac data & 1 for Windows data. Im debating whether to use a Mac G4 i have sitting in brothers room, purchase a G5 or Mac Pro case....Please Help

The G5 is a good choice for cramming a lot into and still having great airflow and cooling. A full custom water loop would take up a lot of the drive space but a closed loop CPU cooler would work well. The G4 is terrible choice for that many drives and has pretty bad cooling capability.

The G5 is a good choice for cramming a lot into and still having great airflow and cooling. A full custom water loop would take up a lot of the drive space but a closed loop CPU cooler would work well. The G4 is terrible choice for that many drives and has pretty bad cooling capability.

Alright the thing with the G5 is the original only allows me to have 2 Drives, where would I place the other drives....I have been reading info about compact ways to get drives into a G5.

I guess my main concern would be getting the ATX in and fully mounted, and air flow for PSU. I have read a lot of post on the Case Mod topic and I get lost seems like everyone is doing something different.

Heck out the laser hive ATX mod kit. Pre made back panel and motherboard tray. Just need it cut case and fit.

Check out out my build thread for more details.

In terms of fitting drives you can get a third party drive cage and fit it.

Its goung ing tobe a custom case mod so you can put anything you want inside it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back