Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey there folks,

I've now been looking for hours for a notebook to install a vanilla Snow Leopard on it. Sometimes people recommend the Dell Vostro 3700, but then others say, that It'd be the absolute wrong decision because of the nVidia Optimus software. I'm not very knowledgeable about installing Mac on Notebooks, I've got a wonderfully working Desktop Hackintosh, on which update and everything else works smoothly. And now I'd also need a portable Hackintosh and that for a suitable notebook, which should look about this:

CPU: Intel Core i7
RAM: At least 4GB, 6-8 preferred
GPU: Similar to the MacBook pro, something like the nVidia GT 330m, alternatively a Radeon from the 58xx or 59xx series
Wireless and LAN should be working, as well as sound and FireWire
Screen: 16"-17"
Manufacturer actually equal, but I'd prefer Dell

I hope that somebody can help me, cause the MBP is much too expensive for me.
Thanks for your answers in advance,

Bene

Bene1408 said:
Hey there folks,

I've now been looking for hours for a notebook to install a vanilla Snow Leopard on it. Sometimes people recommend the Dell Vostro 3700, but then others say, that It'd be the absolute wrong decision because of the nVidia Optimus software. I'm not very knowledgeable about installing Mac on Notebooks, I've got a wonderfully working Desktop Hackintosh, on which update and everything else works smoothly. And now I'd also need a portable Hackintosh and that for a suitable notebook, which should look about this:

CPU: Intel Core i7
RAM: At least 4GB, 6-8 preferred
GPU: Similar to the MacBook pro, something like the nVidia GT 330m, alternatively a Radeon from the 58xx or 59xx series
Wireless and LAN should be working, as well as sound and FireWire
Screen: 16"-17"
Manufacturer actually equal, but I'd prefer Dell

I hope that somebody can help me, cause the MBP is much too expensive for me.
Thanks for your answers in advance,

Bene
Unless you are looking for a science experiment, you will be better off with a real Apple laptop.

Macman said it. laptops are a bag of hurt ,

Too bad, but I nearly was expecting this. There would be no problem about it, if it'd just be possible to build your very own laptop configuration like it's possible for a desktop PC. But I suppose a custom-made laptop would probably be nearly as expensive as a real MBP...

dell mini

or hp dv2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back