Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming K3
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
hi, I'v just nearly finish my Mac mod but have come across a prob, I have the mobo and processor on board and the psu and front i/o, i'v fired her up and everythings working just fine, then after 20 secs it switches off, then after 5 secs comes on this time for 5 secs, then off again, then on for 20 secs, and repeats the process again, is there something i'v missed, does someone know, can anyone help, cheers.

Yeah disconnect your front IO plug and then use two jumper wires to start your system back up and see if it continues to restart after that IO cable is removed. If it runs fine then I would check to see if you have the connections done up correctly.
If it still does that then I would make sure nothing is grounding out with the motherboard or PSU and the like.

If need be pull it all out and bench test if if you continue to have issues slowly removing things like, HDD, GPU DVD drives to make sure something like those are not faulty as well, but I am going with that front cable.

Hi ellhead, the I/O cable was bought from Alhocab, so I don't know if it's that, but I will try what you suggest, when you say use two jumper wire to start the system back up, were do I connect the wires, thanks.

Hi ellhead, the I/O cable was bought from Alhocab, so I don't know if it's that, but I will try what you suggest, when you say use two jumper wire to start the system back up, were do I connect the wires, thanks.

The jumper wires would go to the Power + and power - on the F_Panel

Hi ellhead, should I place the wires on the FP on my mobo and remove the 2 cables that are plug in, and do I use one wire from the power + to power - .

Hi dirtwegy, do you have the front switch grounded through FireWire or a separate earth connection?

Hi ersterhernd, I have a firewire on the cable from the front panel but I didn't have a header on the mobo, so I bought a firewire card which had a header on it, dirtwegy.

Just remove the cable and then use two wires on the two power pins to start your system to see if it goes into that loop is all

I see you are using a firewire card and I am wondering if that is your grounding issue and sending your system into loop.
The firewire negative is the whole front panel negative which controls the power button and LED. By you using the firewire card I am wondering if the ground connection is interfered with by the PCI connection.

Hi ellhead, so the firewire could be at fault, if I take it of the card it may work then.

Hi ersterhernd, I have a firewire on the cable from the front panel but I didn't have a header on the mobo, so I bought a firewire card which had a header on it, dirtwegy.

I used the SYBA SD-PEX30009 Low Profile PCI-Express 1394B Firewire Controller Card and had no issue. I agree with eelhead though, the PCI may be the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back