CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello fellow hackintoshers. I’m having trouble finding any info on this all my searches point to NVME.

Can M.2 NAND drives like this ADATA be used to boot Yosemite on Clover? Are hacks necessary?

ADATA SU800 256GB M.2 2280 SATA 3D NAND Internal SSD (ASU800NS38-256GT-C) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M3Z46FQ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Thanks in advance

Hello fellow hackintoshers. I’m having trouble finding any info on this all my searches point to NVME.

Can M.2 NAND drives like this ADATA be used to boot Yosemite on Clover? Are hacks necessary?

ADATA SU800 256GB M.2 2280 SATA 3D NAND Internal SSD (ASU800NS38-256GT-C) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M3Z46FQ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Thanks in advance

Yes, since this M.2 SSD is based on the SATA interface which Yosemite still supports. No hacks necessary. The only requirement is you have a motherboard (or a PCIe card) that has available M.2 slots to support SATA M.2 SSDs.

Thank you sooo much James. From what i’ve Read, I guess there’s not much of a speed increase from a sansdisk ultra 2 to a 3D nand. But the reason to do it would be more of keeping SATA ports for other drives.

Thank you sooo much James. From what i’ve Read, I guess there’s not much of a speed increase from a sansdisk ultra 2 to a 3D nand. But the reason to do it would be more of keeping SATA ports for other drives.

Be aware that on some motherboards, using a SATA M.2 SSD on a M.2 slot may disable some of the available SATA ports. Check the motherboard manual to be sure.

Tthanks but the big quandary for my is why the heck can’t m.2 NVME be used as a Yosemite system drive. I guess it’s that much different than SATA.

Thanks but the big quandary for my is why the heck can’t m.2 NVME be used as a Yosemite system drive. I guess it’s that much different than SATA.

Of course NVMe is very different from SATA. Support for 3rd party NVMe SSDs is only available in High Sierra and later. Older versions have no support for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back