Contribute
Register

Low-profile graphics card for Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've got a Dell Optiplex 7040 that I have running perfectly on Sierra, including the m.2 SSD and Intel 530 graphics. It has a i5-6500.

I'm looking for recommendations for a graphics card that will work smoothly without much hassle. It must be low-profile, as this is a small form factor desktop. I'm not looking to spend a huge amount of money, and won't be doing any hardcore gaming - probably just Overwatch (rarely) and light Photoshop.

Any advice? Anybody running low-profile cards in their builds?

I've only read about one 900-series low profile card, the KFA2 Galax GTX 950. But as far as I know, they are not sold in the US. Other than that, the GTX 750 Ti is your best choice.

Yes, the GTX 750 Ti should have no problems with macOS.

Hi,

I've got a Dell Optiplex 7040 that I have running perfectly on Sierra, including the m.2 SSD and Intel 530 graphics. It has a i5-6500.

I'm looking for recommendations for a graphics card that will work smoothly without much hassle. It must be low-profile, as this is a small form factor desktop. I'm not looking to spend a huge amount of money, and won't be doing any hardcore gaming - probably just Overwatch (rarely) and light Photoshop.

Any advice? Anybody running low-profile cards in their builds?
HI, can you post your config.plist ? i tried to install many times, but always stuck on apple logo.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back