1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Wich LGA1150 mATX Board with DP & M.2 for minimal pain? Z97M Gaming?

Hi everybody. :)

I'm looking for a mATX Board with LGA1150, DisplayPort a M.2 Slot if possible (no must if a PCIe 2 m.2 Card is compatible...) and minimal pain for installation OS X 10.11 as possible.

In the buyers guide I found the MSI Z97M Gaming wich would match my needs. But it has fancy hardware like killer-something-network and creative labeld onboard audio, so I don't know if it's all supported out of the box?

Any advice would be great! Thank you guys! :)

Sören

Hi everybody. :)

I'm looking for a mATX Board with LGA1150, DisplayPort a M.2 Slot if possible (no must if a PCIe 2 m.2 Card is compatible...) and minimal pain for installation OS X 10.11 as possible.

In the buyers guide I found the MSI Z97M Gaming wich would match my needs. But it has fancy hardware like killer-something-network and creative labeld onboard audio, so I don't know if it's all supported out of the box?

Any advice would be great! Thank you guys! :)

Sören
Audio is Relatek ALC1150 and the Atheros Killer 2200 network has a kext for it.
The Samsung SSD is wasted on this board. PCIe2.0x2 connectivity, which effectively cuts the bandwidth of the SM951 in half. I would look for a board with M.2 connected PCIe3.0 gen3 x4 lanes to match the SSD.

Thank you for answering.
Any suggestions for what Board would be a better option?

I'm hoping to get a Samsung PM951 to work in combination with an additional SSD for the Bootloader and Ubuntu... (Not sure if this has a chance to work while m.2 is that bad supported in Hackintosh... Otherwise a big EVO850 SSD will do the job ;) )

Additional question:
What is about the ALC892 Codec?
The Z97M-G43 has a much nicer price tag and seems to have similar feature set to the Z97M-Gaming... (But also no m.2 4x...)

I just found a very nice deal for the Z97M-Gaming so I orderd it even with the m.2 not supporting 4 lanes...

I think I will use my 240GB SSD until a solution for NVMe support is found, and then switch over to an NVMe SSD in a PCIe 2 m.2 adapter...

Thank's for helping! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back