Asrock Z170 Pro4/D3
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1080Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Title says, my config is:
Core i7 6700k, Asrock Z170 Pro4/D3, nVidia GTX 1080 Ti.
I can barely get my CPU usage over 25-30% with anything. I tried games, benchmarks, pretty much anything except for heaven benchmark can't get over ~30% GPU usage. I thought this is some kind of measurement problem, but heaven can get it to ~100% and Valley get's it to ~60% so this does not appear to be a sensor problem.
Maybe I did something wrong? I have latest nvidia web drivers installed and acceleration is actually working properly, it's just the usage that's borked.

Any idea what can I do?
Or is this considered normal?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Today, I was messing around and noticed that when I set my display to scaled (I have a 4K monitor) with full 4K resolution, GPU usage goes to 100% everywhere and this actually IMPROVES performance over the "Default for display" setting. I tend to have 20-30 FPS more on scaled resolution with 100% GPU usage than I do for "Default for display" with reduced GPU utilization for every single test I did, so this is not a single app feature or anything.
What could cause this? Because this appears to be an OS limitation of some kind and I'm unable to find anything remotely related to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back