2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've just installed OS X 10.7.4 on to this configuration:

Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3 Rev. 1 F9
Intel Core i5-2500K
NVIDIA GeForce GTX580
Kingston 8GB (2x4GB) 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM

I'm using a DSDT file from the database, and hence the onboard audio via the ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback kexts. The audio works, but the maximum volume is really low. I compared the output to my MacBook Air, and it seems to be around half volume on the Hackintosh. I've seen problems like this mentioned in regards to the VoodooHDA kext, but nothing in regards to the ALC8xxHDA. Is there any way around this? It's pretty annoying :/

capthowie said:
I'm using a DSDT file from the database, and hence the onboard audio via the ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback kexts. The audio works, but the maximum volume is really low. I compared the output to my MacBook Air, and it seems to be around half volume on the Hackintosh. I've seen problems like this mentioned in regards to the VoodooHDA kext, but nothing in regards to the ALC8xxHDA. Is there any way around this? It's pretty annoying :/
Try the second Line Out, it's the Black audio port on the motherboard.

toleda said:
Try the second Line Out, it's the Black audio port on the motherboard.

There's no second Line Out port. On the motherboard I have (Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3) there are three audio ports - Blue (Line In), Green (Line Out) and Red (Mic In). So I'm stuck with the Green port only.

Any other suggestions? I'm having to use a headphone amplifier to get a suitable volume.

toleda said:
capthowie said:
Any other suggestions? I'm having to use a headphone amplifier to get a suitable volume.
RMA the motherboard, otherwise,no. No need to double post on the same problem

I managed to solve the problem. This particular motherboard, the GA-Z68P-DS3 (I'd think other Gigabyte motherboards operate in a similar manner), expects the Speakers plugged into the Green (Rear) port and Headphones plugged into the Green (Front) port. Believe it or not, at least in OS X, the output levels are set differently on each output. The back port has a lower output volume, most likely to compensate for active speakers. The front Headphones port is much louder, about the same level as my MacBook Air. For reference, refer to http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=336260#p336260.

Edit: Mods, could you please mark this thread as Solved.

My output volume is good but my mic input volume is really low. I remember editing a file a long time ago to boost the sensitivity but I can't find the value anymore. Anyone have suggestion?

Sorry, been away on business the past month and a half and didn't get a chance to work on this. Changed the values but doesn't seem to increase the volume. I added the Boost section and tried all the way up to 50 and no change in volume. I changed it in the 889 and 289 MAPIDs to test but neither seem to have an improvement.

Changed the values but doesn't seem to increase the volume. I added the Boost section and tried all the way up to 50 and no change in volume. I changed it in the 889 and 289 MAPIDs to test but neither seem to have an improvement.
Show/attach the before and after pathmaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back