Contribute
Register

LOST

Status
Not open for further replies.
That last episode was a good one, probably made it to my "favorites list" of Lost episodes. The ones with Ben Linus always are. Seeing Ben doing his machiavellian power moves in a school environment, cracked me up. Also, I don't know why but the ones involving children are getting to me, tugging at my heart, like the one with Jack and in this case with Ben's "daughter" Alex. I was hoping that' we'd see Rousseau, as a soccer-mom, driving a station wagon.

Anyway, this further proves that you can't really trust the Man In Black/Smokey as he definitely wanted Ben to kill Ilana who was guarding over him.

BTW, who was that teacher with the hacker skills that Ben asked for help? His face seems familiar to me. Oh...he was the one who blew himself up. Nice touch making him the science teacher, and having Jack and Co. visit the slave ship again with the dynamites.

Last night's episode was definitely one of my favorites, and not just because Ben Linus is one of my favorite characters of the whole show. Michael Emerson needs an emmy! His scene with Ilana was fantastic (Ilana won points with me for her behavior after his confession to her).

It was also nice to see that he put Alex before his ambition in the parallel world - and it was good to see that his relationship with his father had improved as well.

I don't trust smokey or Jacob. You should watch the first scene in the finale of Season 5 (where Jacob and MiB are on the beach); I think it's very telling about the two of them. Particularly watch the reaction of the man in black after he questions why Jacob keeps bringing people to the island.
This is paraphrased:
MiB: Why do you keep bringing people? The come, they fight, they destroy, they corrupt. It always ends the same.
Jacob: It only ends once. Everything else is just progress.
MiB makes a disgusted look, and then says "do you have any idea how bad I want to kill you?"

Sounds like Jacob cares more about proving his point than about the people involved.

Hmm...good point.

I'll have to watch that beach conversation again.

Both those actors BTW, are from a couple of my favorite TV shows -- Mark Pellegrino/Jacob from "Dexter", and Smokey/Titus Welliver from "Deadwood". In fact there have been a number of "Deadwood" actors on the shows, and from other HBO shows like (the uber-awsome) "The Wired".

And yes, it was nice to see Ben and his dad getting along. Too bad Ecko isn't still on the show (apparently the actor himself prompted his departure from the show). I would loved to have seen him in a parallel world.

I had heard that the actor that played Eko wanted to get back on the show. Maybe they'll work him into the parallel world storyline?

Oh by the way everyone, Tony said to say he wants to participate in the thread but can't because he is two episodes behind. :crazy:

flyingturtle said:
adamsmasher said:

Oh by the way everyone, Tony said to say he wants to participate in the thread but can't because he is two episodes behind. :crazy:

To help Tony catch-up. =)

Episode Sundown
http://abc.go.com/watch/lost/93372/2536 ... --enhanced
Episode "Dr Linus"
http://abc.go.com/watch/lost/93372/253508/dr-linus

Ok, just finished both episodes- so funny I haven't even opened this thread. Thanks anyway for the links ;)

Thought Hurley and Jack were going to blow up. So great that they had the science teacher be the dude that exploded.

The man of science had a moment of faith. I think it's a turning point in Jack's life (not that he won't stop acting like an ass most of the time, though). :lol:

adamsmasher said:
The man of science had a moment of faith. I think it's a turning point in Jack's life (not that he won't stop acting like an ass most of the time, though). :lol:

I have to say, and I was discussing this earlier, that Lost for me has really gone downhill. I mean the plot lines, random events, etc... are just kind of getting more annoying and dull than scary and creepy like it used to be.

Except for Sayid's fight- that was awesome.

tonymacx86 said:
I have to say, and I was discussing this earlier, that Lost for me has really gone downhill. I mean the plot lines, random events, etc... are just kind of getting more annoying and dull than scary and creepy like it used to be.

Except for Sayid's fight- that was awesome.

Lost has had a lot of missteps along the way *cough*Season 3*cough*. There were points in the middle there where I wasn't sure I wanted to keep watching, but I had invested so much time in the show I wanted to see it through. I still think the writers pull things out of their asses a lot, but by-and-large it's still one of the best shows on network television right now.

The single biggest problem with Lost is that they don't want to give away all the secrets until the very end, so they have to stick in a bunch of filler. The final season isn't as bad for that because they are finally letting out some of the details they've been holding back for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back