Contribute
Register

LOST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Is this Setup ok for Vanilla Install?

Anna Lucia was good for the show- I disagreed with her getting killed :thumbdown:

EDIT: I'm about to change the title of this thread to the LOST thread and move it to the Bat Cave. :lol:

lol Not a bad idea.

Ana Lucia was a waste - not the character, but killing her off. I think she had a lot of potential. As did Mr. Eko, although I understand that the actor had reasons for wanting off the show at the time (sounded like he wanted back later, though!).

hey guys,
i love lost! hehe i just started watching the final, 6th season and i think i have to watch the last two seasons to catch up with all the details again. man it's just getting more confusing each season... but still my favorite show, no doubt!

sorry to bring this back to the topic :)

any other opinions on a mainboard or wifi pci card? i'm somehow thinking of getting a standard ATX board just because my case can fit one. of course i could just put in a micro ATX as well but who knows if i'll ever need the extra pci slots someday, right? so which ATX board would be a good choice? will any gigabyte P55 do?

greetz,
vercetti.

vercetti said:
hey guys,
i love lost! hehe i just started watching the final, 6th season and i think i have to watch the last two seasons to catch up with all the details again. man it's just getting more confusing each season... but still my favorite show, no doubt!

Hey vercetti- since you actually like the show too, I'm actually going to make this the official LOST thread and move it to the Bat Cave. Too much excellent info already. :lol:

As for your install, post a new thread in the network section for wifi card- this thread has been stolen... ;)

Lost isn't as confusing as it seems; the producers and writers use the same tactics employed by most mystery writers:

1. Answer questions with another question.
2. Promote false ideas
3. Make everything as ambiguous as possible (in Lost's case this applies particularly to whether a person is good or bad).

Lost really likes to explore the moral grey area between generally accepted norms of good and bad actions.

The outcome of the battle between light and dark is grey. :D :crazy:

adamsmasher said:
The outcome of the battle between light and dark is grey. :D :crazy:
Lots of black and white for sure, as per lostpedia page on "black and white" in lost. Maybe lostpedia needs a "grey" page too. =)

Maybe you should add a "grey" topic on lostpedia. =)

Dogen rocks on the show. Love dthat last episode that showed off the actor's, Hiroyuki Sanada's martial arts skills with the fight with Sayid. He used be a stand-in double doing action scenes in Japan, but Sanada eventually became a popular actor in his own right.

Wasn't he in a couple western-made movies recently?

Too bad they already knocked him off - unless he's going to pull a Sayid. He was drowned in the water just like Sayid was. ;)

I think it's interesting that Jacob and the Man-in-black (or Smokey as I like to call him) are at odds with each other, but both employ manipulation and other naughty tactics to get people to do their wishes.

He might have been in "Sukiyaki Western Django", a quirky Japanese Western movie.

I haven't seen it but I probably should considering I like many other things that are "django" related. Django Reinhardt the gypsy jazz player who played so fast and well with only 2 fingers since he disfigured his hand from a fire. I've got all five of mine and I can't even remotely play as well. I also love Django, the Python web development framework. Python just rocks as a language.

Back to lost, you mentioned everyone dying from the tail section of Lost.

That reminded me of something. From what part of the plan did the Australian airline stewardess come from? She eventually popped up in Dogen's temple. Hmm...I seem to recall her flying out the door or the airplane? I could be wrong.

I think I'm thinking of "The Last Samurai", but he was also in Ringu and Ringu 2 which is probably what I remember him from. I can't quite remember which character he played, though... been a while since I've watched those.

The stewardess is named Cindy and I seem to recall her flirting with Jack on the plane, so she must have been in the middle section. Interestingly, she left with Smokey when given the choice in the last episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back