CPU
i7 6700k 4.00 Ghz
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I updated to the latest High Sierra and lost my usb3 ability. I tried installing the following kext
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
g32UDw+DlwQAAA==
</data>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<false/>
<key>MatchOS</key>
<string>10.13.x</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
g32UD5CQkJCQkA==
</data>
</dict>
</array>

I named it usb3.kext and installed it using Kext Utility but it didn't seem to work. If anyone has any help it would be greatly appreciated.

I named it usb3.kext and installed it using Kext Utility but it didn't seem to work. If anyone has any help it would be greatly appreciated.
Remove the usb3.kext
The USB Port Limit Patch needs to be added to your config.plist

Download Clover Configurator (Vibrant Edition)
Open Clover Configurator
Mount your EFI partition
Open EFI/EFI/Clover/Config.plist
Check the Kernel and Kext Patches section and add patch to KextToPatch section (see image)
Save
Close Clover Configurator

plp1.png

Thanks. I must have done something wrong cause it won't boot with those settings. I just got back in so I'll try again tomorrow (too much work to do right now).

Something is up with Clover Configurator if I open the EFI directory but make no changes and save it I can't boot. Does anyone know of another way to get this to work?

Something is up with Clover Configurator if I open the EFI directory but make no changes and save it I can't boot. Does anyone know of another way to get this to work?

Don't use Clover Configurator, unless you enjoy pain. It tends to make changes you didn't ask for.

Anyone know how to make this work some other way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back