Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H Intel LGA1150 Z97 ATX Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K S 1150 Haswell Refresh Quad Core Processor
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740
Hi guys,

I set permissions on my HD for everyone to 'No Access' thinking being the administrator I'd still be able to access my hard drive, but when I could no longer access my files or change it back, I restarted the computer and now it won't even get past boot screen I get the apple and the loading bar, which loads to end, but doesn't boot up from there.

Please Help!

Running Mojave on my Hack

Hi guys,

I set permissions on my HD for everyone to 'No Access' thinking being the administrator I'd still be able to access my hard drive, but when I could no longer access my files or change it back, I restarted the computer and now it won't even get past boot screen I get the apple and the loading bar, which loads to end, but doesn't boot up from there.

Please Help!

Running Mojave on my Hack
best not to do that again...

boot from your working usb stick, get to recovery, then try open terminal to try and undo your mistake or do a fresh install

best not to do that again...

boot from your working usb stick, get to recovery, then try open terminal to try and undo your mistake or do a fresh install
Thanks feartech, any advice on how I would go about that in terminal?

Is there a way to install without losing the files and installations on my mojave drive?

Is there a way to install without losing the files and installations on my mojave drive?
you could try and re install macOS without wiping to see if that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back