Contribute
Register

Loss of all USB during phone call - coreaudiod

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pastrychef Thanks. I will continue to work on this.... I love your profile pic. RIP Neji

Make sure your Serial is clean. Check your iPhone > Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.

8 trigrams 64 palms forever. :thumbup:

@pastrychef is it possible for my efi to crash after installing a driver for my audio interface (audio recording) ? after installing the driver I had to reboot and when I rebooted I got these messages after selecting my catalina drive from clover. it won't get me to the apple logo just stays black after hitting "any key" Any Idea what I can do? i checked my crash logs on console but there are no records of a crash

Attachments

• IMG_1068.jpg
    IMG_1068.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1069.jpg
    IMG_1069.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 27
  • EFI.zip
    17.6 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
@pastrychef is it possible for my efi to crash after installing a driver for my audio interface (audio recording) ? after installing the driver I had to reboot and when I rebooted I got these messages after selecting my catalina drive from clover. it won't get me to the apple logo just stays black after hitting "any key" Any Idea what I can do? i checked my crash logs on console but there are no records of a crash

You're using emulated NVRAM. I was never able to get this motherboard to work consistently and reliably with emulated NVRAM. I kept it in my closet until an NVRAM fix was found. So, I won't be much help with this configuration.

weird thing is I don't have a NV ram stick installed on my mobo... how do I disable NVram? do I do that from Bios?

weird thing is I don't have a NV ram stick installed on my mobo... how do I disable NVram? do I do that from Bios?

It's not something that comes on a stick. It's already on your motherboard.

You don't need to disable or enable it. You either use it or you don't with software. It's not a BIOS setting.

The loss of USB is killing me... I thought I fixed the problem by replacing my power supply. I upgraded from 500w to 600w (i didn't upgrade because of the USB problem, I upgraded because my computer was rebooting when I tried playing destiny 2 on windows and was told my power supply needed to be replaced) After upgrading I didn't have the loss of USB after a 2-minute call. I was happy and excited but then it happened again after a 20-minute facetime audio call... this time there are no crash reports on the console... I think the CoreAudio crash from before was coincidental... I guess I just have to stop using my computer for calls

Make sure your Serial is clean. Check your iPhone > Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.

8 trigrams 64 palms forever. :thumbup:
THANKS

Last edited:
So my set up would be an imac 19,1... I downloaded catalina from my mac mini. Am I able to use the serial number from my mac mini or will it mess things up since my hackintosh is going to be an imac?

Reuse of real Mac serials is not supported on this forum and discussion about it can get you banned.

Just create new Serial, Board Serial, and UUID. It just takes one click.

So this problem is still reoccurring but nothing is showing up in the Crash report BUT when I restart the computer I am seeing this in the console > Log Reports after I reboot - "fsck_apfs_error.log" Do you think this might have something to do. with it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 7.23.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 7.23.51 AM.png
    253.6 KB · Views: 32
So this problem is still reoccurring but nothing is showing up in the Crash report BUT when I restart the computer I am seeing this in the console > Log Reports after I reboot - "fsck_apfs_error.log" Do you think this might have something to do. with it?

I don't know. But if you are having problems with APFS, it stands to reason that you would experience all sorts of weirdness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back