Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6500K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
I have a most annoying issue with my Lion Build. After the system has set idle for a period of time (I haven't tracked down exactly how long ... but say approx 1 hour), I lose some, but not all audio.

I still get sound from any (and all) Apple alert effects (pong, submarine, etc), and most of the time iTunes continues to work, though I will periodically see it drop. Things I have found that do not work are Garage Band (not that I use it, but it's audio quits working), Skype, the "Say" command in Terminal. YouTube was not work either, but upgrading to the Flash 11 beta seems to have fixed that. Lastly, Netflix won't playback ... I assume the play back issue is actually in SilverLight.

I'm currently running VoodooHDA 2.7.3, just loaded this yesterday. I have mainly used ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA RollBack. Same issue with either set of kexts. I've also tried 32 and 64-bit boot ups .... no differences there.

Below are my system specs, any help would be much appreciated ... I'm out of ideas :banghead: .

Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD4-B3 (BIOS v. F8)
Intel Core i5 2500K
AMD Radeon HD 6850
8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz

Running the DSDT from tonymac's DSDT DB (BIOS v. F8)
Chimera 1.5.4

Thanks Again in Advance!

i would take a look at Console for hints:

Applications/Utilities/Console

Confirm you only have one of the audio kexts installed at a time. Having both Voodoo and RealtekHDA installed together will cause problems.

Right now, VoodooHDA is the only one loaded. I deleted the others when I installed it yesterday (just so I wouldn't have conflicts as you mentioned).

It was a good thought, and I appreciate your reply!

I have the same problem, not sure what the answer is yet.

I think I may have found the issue. Antipop. After digging around and watching the console, I noticed that about the time the audio went out, I got a metric crap ton of error messages relating to antipop. I have since uninstalled it, rebooted and have been running for almost a day with audio working. I will update tomorrow if it's still going strong.

Very interesting. To go along with that, I rebuilt my system the other day (using your most excellent guide - btw) and have not had the audio issue since ... and I have not re-installed antipop since the rebuild. Be interested to hear if you've nailed down the culprit ... good find, Frostcall!

Oh, one side note on audio popping in general ... I have also noticed that using iMac 12,2 I get the "pops", using MacPro 3,1 I don't. Just thought I'd mention that ....

ptrezby1 said:
Very interesting. To go along with that, I rebuilt my system the other day (using your most excellent guide - btw) and have not had the audio issue since ... and I have not re-installed antipop since the rebuild. Be interested to hear if you've nailed down the culprit ... good find, Frostcall!

Oh, one side note on audio popping in general ... I have also noticed that using iMac 12,2 I get the "pops", using MacPro 3,1 I don't. Just thought I'd mention that ....

Antipop seems to be the problem. I'm still running with full sound, no issues. I'll update my guide tomorrow after getting some sleep. Thanks for the heads up on the MacPro 3,1. Did you see any other issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back