Contribute
Register

Looking to Pull the Trigger on a New Computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68XP-UD5
CPU
Intel Core i7 2700K
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My i7 920 System is aging and I am looking to upgrade to Sandy Bridge (and later Ivy Bridge). Please let me know if the following components are "Hackintosh recommended". This won't be my first hack build, I would consider myself somewhat of a veteran but I always like to get second opinions... anyways, here are the parts I've selected after doing a bit of research around the net.

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE GEN. 3 (USB3 Sata 6 and PCI-E 3.0)
CPU: Intel Core i7-2700K
RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600
SSD: Corsair Force GT 90GB
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB
GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 570

From what I've read around here and other Hack forums, this build looks promising, but if anyone objects, speak now or forever hold your peace!

Mayhemm88 said:
My i7 920 System is aging and I am looking to upgrade to Sandy Bridge (and later Ivy Bridge). Please let me know if the following components are "Hackintosh recommended". This won't be my first hack build, I would consider myself somewhat of a veteran but I always like to get second opinions... anyways, here are the parts I've selected after doing a bit of research around the net.

From what I've read around here and other Hack forums, this build looks promising, but if anyone objects, speak now or forever hold your peace!

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/search/label/CustoMac

I strongly advise not to get the GTX 570, the 5 series GeForce cards aren't the most supported of GFX cards

Tell you the truth, I am more concerned with the MoBo than anything else. My GTX 570 card is going to be a carry over from my current PC. It is working fine under lion with the plist edit and modified AGPM.kext.

Mayhemm88 said:

No DSDT for your mother board, but sounds like you have some experience in that area. The parts you show should be fine with the extra work on mother board and video card. :thumbup:

Mayhemm88 said:
Tell you the truth, I am more concerned with the MoBo than anything else. My GTX 570 card is going to be a carry over from my current PC. It is working fine under lion with the plist edit and modified AGPM.kext.

If so, going with a Gigabyte Z68 motherboard may be better.

that motherboard is fine

Asus or Gigabyte?....hah *dances on table like Puss in Boots*

Well... I pulled the trigger on the new machine today. I decided to go with the GA-Z68XP-UD4 Instead of the ASUS. Decided I want maximum hackintosh compatibility/support because I really REALLY hate Windows 8 Metro... :?

I had bad luck with a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 back in the day, but I'm really hoping that was a fluke. I've heard many good things from others around the net... so I'm going to give them one more chance

Mayhemm88 said:
Well... I pulled the trigger on the new machine today. I decided to go with the GA-Z68XP-UD4 Instead of the ASUS. Decided I want maximum hackintosh compatibility/support because I really REALLY hate Windows 8 Metro... :?

I had bad luck with a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 back in the day, but I'm really hoping that was a fluke. I've heard many good things from others around the net... so I'm going to give them one more chance

Gigabyte wins the battle yet again. Viva Gigabyte! :lol:

*snaps fingers and bangs head to dubstep*

Mayhemm88 said:

Good Luck! Have had no issues with my Gigabyte mother board. It does make life easier to have a DSDT for your board. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back