Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
980Ti
I have audio through HDMI right now but I will replace that monitor in the future.
I also can't control audio from my hackintosh (10.11.3 skylake)

I am looking to buy external speakers that are compatible with hackintosh and I want to also control the volume (up, down, mute) from my computer. I have volume buttons on my keyboard but when I press them currently, the volume thing pops up but there is a prohibited sign under the speaker icon.

I have audio through HDMI right now but I will replace that monitor in the future.
I also can't control audio from my hackintosh (10.11.3 skylake)

I am looking to buy external speakers that are compatible with hackintosh and I want to also control the volume (up, down, mute) from my computer. I have volume buttons on my keyboard but when I press them currently, the volume thing pops up but there is a prohibited sign under the speaker icon.

This is because you're using HDMI audio. When using HDMI audio, the volume and mute are controlled by the TV or sound system, not by the computer. There is nothing you can do about this, that's just the way it is.

Any computer speakers will be hackintosh-compatible, and once you replace the HDMI device with analog speakers you'll once again be able to control the volume from your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back