Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15 5558
CPU
i7-5500U/HM97
Graphics
HD 5500, 1366x768
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone tried hackintoching this specific laptop.
I've seen other posts of people doing so with a similar laptop, but those had different hardware (CPU and whatnot), but I didn't see one with the hardware that I have. Did anyone try to do it on this? If so, what were the problems that you had to deal with? (during/post install)

I would also like to know if there's a way to create a bootloader from windows or Linux, cause I don't have access to any apple product (I can get the OS from my parents laptop, but I can't use them to create the boot stick)
I've been looking for ways to make a bootoader from Linux (Ubuntu), but all I've been getting was how to boot Linux on a mac.

Thank you

Notes:
1. I want to install High Sierra on said laptop.
2. I'm still reading through the many threads on here, but I don't have the time required to fully understand everything.
3. I tried looking for a way to create a boot stick on windows/Linux, but didn't find a result.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone tried hackintoching this specific laptop.

Use search.

I would also like to know if there's a way to create a bootloader from windows or Linux, cause I don't have access to any apple product (I can get the OS from my parents laptop, but I can't use them to create the boot stick)

You will need a Mac or existing hack in order to access the Mac App Store.

1. I want to install High Sierra on said laptop.
2. I'm still reading through the many threads on here, but I don't have the time required to fully understand everything.
3. I tried looking for a way to create a boot stick on windows/Linux, but didn't find a result.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Use search.
You will need a Mac or existing hack in order to access the Mac App Store.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I did, but the ones I found had different CPUs, unless that doesn't make any difference if the chipset is the same.
I can get the High Sierra OS from a Mac, but I can't use said Mac to download the bootloader
I've read some of the thread you linked previously, but I'll try to finish it.

Thanks

Specific CPU does not really matter.

Oh I see, was a bit confused, thank you

It's belongs to my parents, so i don't want to download a lot of things on to it.
I was gonna build my own vm from the OS I get (from the Mac), but i read somewhere on here that using a vm won't give a clean install or something like that. Is that correct or did I misread it? (Lost the thread so I can't share a link, sorry)
I'll look for a workaround either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back