Contribute
Register

Looking for some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, finally got myself up and running! Performed a fresh clean install after a hectic battle getting it to work.
TLDR; 1 stick of ram in slot 2 froze the install, switched to slot 1 and winning!

Here are my specs:
Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 4.40.08 PM.png

I'm having a few minor problems currently.

1) Processor showing as Unknown - is this an issue? Is there a fix to get it to show properly?
2) Audio devices - I can see them in a list and can hear output when I plug directly in, but through my Dock is seems to be broken. Any ideas? The dock is here - I've installed the drivers, but maybe something with USB drives is the issue? Although my Mouse/Keyboard work via the Dock so I'm not sure. Internet also working via a USB adapter.
3) Should I bother figuring out AirPlay right now? Or upgrade to Mojave when the new Web Drivers are released and figure it out then? Just don't want to waste my own time if it may be soon.
4) Can I use my Apple ID on my MBP to sign in to everything? Or is it recommended to create a dummy account incase of Apple doing something to the Hackintoshs?
5) I wanted to Dual-Boot with Windows. Wait until Mojave or could I do it now (installing on separate SSD) and still install Mojave later without issue?

Thanks to everyone for helping me get this far and to push through!!!

Hey all, finally got myself up and running! Performed a fresh clean install after a hectic battle getting it to work.
TLDR; 1 stick of ram in slot 2 froze the install, switched to slot 1 and winning!

Here are my specs:
View attachment 354782

I'm having a few minor problems currently.

1) Processor showing as Unknown - is this an issue? Is there a fix to get it to show properly?
2) Audio devices - I can see them in a list and can hear output when I plug directly in, but through my Dock is seems to be broken. Any ideas? The dock is here - I've installed the drivers, but maybe something with USB drives is the issue? Although my Mouse/Keyboard work via the Dock so I'm not sure. Internet also working via a USB adapter.
3) Should I bother figuring out AirPlay right now? Or upgrade to Mojave when the new Web Drivers are released and figure it out then? Just don't want to waste my own time if it may be soon.
4) Can I use my Apple ID on my MBP to sign in to everything? Or is it recommended to create a dummy account incase of Apple doing something to the Hackintoshs?
5) I wanted to Dual-Boot with Windows. Wait until Mojave or could I do it now (installing on separate SSD) and still install Mojave later without issue?

Thanks to everyone for helping me get this far and to push through!!!
Figured out everything!

In regards to 4 - Apple ID ; I can't seem to sign in - I get the following:
Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 10.56.15 PM.png

I read about its something with eth0 and needing Ethernet to BuiltIn. Is there a workaround for that with a USB Wifi?
If not, once I get it set up can I disconnect from the Ethernet and remain on the USB and stay logged in?

My devices look like this:
EDIT: eth0 and eth1 were in the list, but I removed from Network Preferences when I tried figuring it out myself.
Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 12.39.39 AM.png

Continued this here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back