Contribute
Register

Looking for some help (second set of eyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP h8-1213c
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
GT 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Everyone,

I am working on OpenCore 0.7.9 Ice Lake, here first problem ran into: did not boot into the menu. Once have that working then doing second of testing I'll give an update where I'm at and see what other support I may need. I have look over the guides in doing the opencore.

Thank you for helping me.

Attachments

• Testing One.zip
    28.1 MB · Views: 30
I have double my handy work, and found some mistakes and think I have them all. But, now video display not actively on but nothing is show comes to the menu options, worse then I do not know what they number to reset the NVRAM. Now, I still looking for second set of eyes to look at my work and able what went wrong. I hope something over looked some where. On the next post will get into the hardware specs I have then help from there. Just solve one problem at a time. Will noticed that I have lot of ACPI & Kexts, reason is I need help which to use at the right time, after getting OpenCore up and running before install.

Attachments

• Testing 2.zip
    28.2 MB · Views: 38
I'm giving you more information on the hardware working trying get MacOS 12.3 on with OpenCore 0.7.9. I'm still stuck on video is still not working on the menu of OC. I hope some has some answers for me. I have taken the photos of the HP Laptop I would like to try get MacOS 12.3 on, if anyone something how to do it I will thank you share with me please and thanks.

Attachments

• HP Laptop.zip
    6 MB · Views: 69
  • Testing 2.zip
    28.2 MB · Views: 36
Some way I solved problem solved. Now, I am working three and Four now. Problem three is where is MacOS 12.3, it is not in the menu of options choice, all I have showing is the reset, restart and shutdown both are on same USB Key as to the steps to by create a EFI Partition and MacOS Partition, is there a problem with the config.plist. Then Problem four is setting the EFI to my hardware, if someone can help with these problems points I'm at.

Attachments

• HP Laptop.zip
    6 MB · Views: 56
  • Testing 2.zip
    28.2 MB · Views: 37
I have made changes to the config.plist and still nothing, and here is the updated attempt and the photos.

Attachments

• HP Laptop.zip
    6 MB · Views: 37
  • Testing Three.zip
    28.2 MB · Views: 36
I have made changes to the config.plist and still nothing, and here is the updated attempt and the photos.
XhciPortLimit is broken in Monterey best to disable it

using a desktop smbios is wrong

read guide in my signature and try Catalina

Can I ask this? Is there a OpenCore tool for Windows 11 to scan the hardware, and make up the config.plist base on the I'm working with?

Plus, thank for the feedback, and the MacOS Install or Linux does not show up on the menu, but see Windows . I think still missing something.

I will take look at the guide and see what I can find to be useful.

Can I ask this? Is there a OpenCore tool for Windows 11 to scan the hardware, and make up the config.plist base on the I'm working with?
no

Is there a tool for Windows 11 to scan the hardware, and make up the config.plist base on the I'm working with?
Yes there is one tool you can use to do that.

Last edited:
I would like say thank you for help to get to the spot I'm at now. Problem 3a is now working, now I can see the Apple installer, and Windows, but no Linux. If someone knows how to get that inserted into the menu that will be grate.

Now, I am working the problem four, to get the MacOS installed on to the my laptop. If someone see what the problems what I have done.

Here is some facts to take into count:

1) Moved from OpenCore 0.7.9 to 0.8.0
2) Add the Kexts, drivers, and SSDT's think I may need, and might need take some out.

Any help you can give to move me in the right way on the problem four. I have included here the EFI, Photos of the system from the device manger in Windows 11, and photo of my last try.

And again thank you for all the help so far.

Feartech, I did at the USB page you shared with me, did not given the answer I was hoping for, but it did got me here right now. Thank you.

trs96, if you could share the link to the tool, and thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg
    868.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Testing Five.zip
    25.7 MB · Views: 33
  • HP Laptop.zip
    6 MB · Views: 54
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back