HD4000
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I have an (almost) perfectly working OSX86 setup minus two inconveniences, the major one being the network adapter.

According to the service manual for this machine, it lists the card as Intel PCI-E Gbt LAN controller/PHY but doesn't give any specific numbers or information as to the model.

Currently to get on the internet, i'm using a WiFi USB dongle that thankfully had a OSX driver but I would prefer to get either my onboard NIC to work (which so far I can't find the proper kext for) or get a PCI or PCI-E x1 card that will work natively with OSX.

Does anybody know of a card that will work natively with OSX, and if so, what models I have to look for up here in Canada?

Also, how can I go about not needing the CD to boot OSX anymore? Currently, I have to use busratio=24 GraphicsEnabler=yes USBFix=yes arch=x86_64

to boot with.

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind the ethernet, just got it working. Used iBoot instead of the Chameleon boot loader and it loaded like a dream.

Thanks!

ResentedPoet said:
EDIT: Nevermind the ethernet, just got it working. Used iBoot instead of the Chameleon boot loader and it loaded like a dream.

Thanks!
You can check in System Profiler | Hardware | Ethernet the "Kext name" of the driver being used.
If it's RealtekRTL81xx.kext, then you can just install it from MultiBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back