Contribute
Register

Looking for New Laptop that can run MAC OSX and Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I contacted Acer and they said

I asked them about your query, if it's possible to use either of the components that you mentioned to be added in your laptop.

Unfortunately, they do not recommend that. Firstly, your laptop has Atheros Wifi card, not Broadcom.

Secondly, the driver available for this wifi driver is compatible with Atheros WB335 only. We have 4 different part numbers available for this model's wifi card but all belongs to Atheros WB335.

If you put another Atheros version in this machine, the Wifi may work, although intermittently.

Is their any hope for this or do I need to use a USB Solution???

I contacted Acer and they said

I asked them about your query, if it's possible to use either of the components that you mentioned to be added in your laptop.

Unfortunately, they do not recommend that. Firstly, your laptop has Atheros Wifi card, not Broadcom.

Secondly, the driver available for this wifi driver is compatible with Atheros WB335 only. We have 4 different part numbers available for this model's wifi card but all belongs to Atheros WB335.

If you put another Atheros version in this machine, the Wifi may work, although intermittently.

Is their any hope for this or do I need to use a USB Solution???

You won't know for sure until you try to replace the WiFi card with another.

Preferences
Intel Core i7 or i5
1TB HDD
4+GB RAM
OPTICAL DRIVE
700-1100
NO TOUCH SCREEN

What I have seen so far:
aSUS F550

Please Suggest Laptops that fit into those Categories
FYI i am in Australia

dont buy asus man , asus RMA is like a Woman without breasts.
so stick with hp or lenovo
but my opinion is buy a mac mini or a macAir ... you will run mac os and windows 8. better then other PC users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back