Contribute
Register

Looking for Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Version (12F37)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD5
CPU
Sandy Bridge Core i7 2600K 3.4Ghz
Graphics
Onboard HD 3000,PNY GTX 770 4GB OC2
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys I am revitalizing one of my machines that has a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD5 Motherboard, Sandy Bridge Processor and a PNY GTX 770 4GB Graphics card. I can get the machine to boot up with GraphicsEnabler=No, but I am having trouble determining if the graphics card is really doing its job correctly. I noticed when I downloaded Mountain Lion 10.8.5 from the app store that is was a newer updated version Build (12F45) instead of the previous version Build (12F37) which detected my card for what it was. Now my "SYSTEM REPORT" see's my chipset as "NVIDIA GK104 4096 MB" instead of PNY NVIDIA GTX 770 like it use to. I aware there is an NVIDIA Web Driver that is suppose to fix this problem, but the installer package informs me that my OSX Build is not correct and it says I need to have the version build (12F37) which I totally understand. My problem is where can I find it? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

A link to the NVIDIA Driver I am talking about. http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-313.01.03f01-driver.html

Last edited:
Hey guys I am revitalizing one of my machines that has a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD5 Motherboard, Sandy Bridge Processor and a PNY GTX 770 4GB Graphics card. I can get the machine to boot up with GraphicsEnabler=No, but I am having trouble determining if the graphics card is really doing its job correctly. I noticed when I downloaded Mountain Lion 10.8.5 from the app store that is was a newer updated version Build (12F45) instead of the previous version Build (12F37) which detected my card for what it was. Now my "SYSTEM REPORT" see's my chipset as "NVIDIA GK104 4096 MB" instead of PNY NVIDIA GTX 770 like it use to. I aware there is an NVIDIA Web Driver that is suppose to fix this problem, but the installer package informs me that my OSX Build is not correct and it says I need to have the version build (12F37) which I totally understand. My problem is where can I find it? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

A link to the NVIDIA Driver I am talking about. http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-313.01.03f01-driver.html

Use the updated nVidia driver. The last 10.8.5 version included a security update that made the nVidia driver not work.

How do I get the updated driver? I see no Mac OSX option when choosing the OS. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-14 at 12.41.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-14 at 12.41.37 PM.png
    637.9 KB · Views: 166
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back