Contribute
Register

Looking for definitive bluetooth wake fix 10.8.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would prefer not to have to use the dongle, so if it is possible to have it function after wake and work fully w/ my BT devices. W/O dongle Please and thank you for your understanding RehabMan.

Remove the dongle. Remove IOathNull.kext. Install latest IOath3kfrmwr.kext and try it.

Dongle and null already removed latest IOath3kfrmwr.kext 1.1.4 was installed from probook installer, to no avail. Unless there is a newer kext ?

Dongle and null already removed latest IOath3kfrmwr.kext 1.1.4 was installed from probook installer, to no avail. Unless there is a newer kext ?

1.1.4 is the latest. It will load the firmware after sleep...

Realize that it takes OS X about 30 sec before BT is active again after sleep. It is not instant. I think this is because the BT drivers inside OS X expect the device to be ready right away, and of course it isn't, firmware has to load initialize, and who knows what... then sometime later it is ready... by that time OS X BT drivers have already tried to talk to it and have given up... only to retry 30 sec later when it works... I suspect on a real Mac that the firmware is already loaded and the radio can be initialized right away.

Thank you for explaining, any thoughts on greyed out box in pref. for allow BT to wake computer ?

Going to try trashing the preference file (com.apple.bluetooth.plist) (/Library/Preferences/com.apple.bluetooth) and restarting.
What do you think RehabMan ?

Thank you for explaining, any thoughts on greyed out box in pref. for allow BT to wake computer ?

Not supported by this hardware.

Oh I see, TY. Still having BT issues after sleep , Devices say they are connected but do not function, even 10 mins after wake.

Oh I see, TY. Still having BT issues after sleep , Devices say they are connected but do not function, even 10 mins after wake.

Do you have BT status in System Information? If you do, that's all the kext can do. If it loads firmware, it has done the job. The rest is up to BT kexts in OS X itself, firmware on the chip, and the individual BT devices.

For me BT is a lost cause and something to be avoided, especially with this AR3011 and OS X. I've heard it is pretty bad on Windows too.

From what I read, the best solution is to hardware hack an actual USB BT module from a MacBook onto the AR5B195 combo card, carefully disabling the existing one and hooking the MacBook part to the card with careful soldering.

BTW, I have a question about how IOathNull.kext works for you? I always theorized that if the purpose of this kext is to disable the AR3011 device by not loading firmware, that if you did warm boot after being in Linux or Windows that the firmware would still be loaded, therefore the BT device present and "working" as far as OS X is concerned and therefore conflicting with the BT USB dongle. Is that the case?

I can only comment on null and 10.8.3, and the truth is I had no issues going between any of the afore mentioned OS using BT w/ null. Warm boot or other wise. If I recall correctly.

For my desktop Hackintosh, I made a wifi/bluetooth pci card out of two pci-e Mac cards. I wonder if there is a Mac combo pci-e card we can put in our 4530s w/o the soldering method you mentioned ? Since there is supposedly no whitelist for the 4530s a Mac combo might work.
Oh and btw, the card I made works flawlessly ! Wake on BT, wifi etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back