Contribute
Register

Looking for clean Clover EFI partition for Mac OS X install media (Linux only atm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI MPG Z390 Pro Carbon-Clover
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Hi there!

During the process of a clean Mojave install (mainly because i tossed out my GTX and replaced it with a Vega 64), I ran into a whole bunch of problems. I tried to fix them but the more I tried, the more went wrong and I got completely lost with the result of bricking my EFI partition of the UniBeast install media. Now I looked for a clean Clover build to replace the old one. I managed to install the default Clover without Hackintosh-modifications, but obviously, that won't help me much. Since I do not have a working MacOS at the moment, I'm stuck to Linux or Windows to create the new ESP, so unfortunatly, I cannot use the pkg from the Downloads section. So I would need an "unpacked" version of the EFI partition.

Can somebody help me with that, please?

Thanks for your help!

Markus

Hi there!

During the process of a clean Mojave install (mainly because i tossed out my GTX and replaced it with a Vega 64), I ran into a whole bunch of problems. I tried to fix them but the more I tried, the more went wrong and I got completely lost with the result of bricking my EFI partition of the UniBeast install media. Now I looked for a clean Clover build to replace the old one. I managed to install the default Clover without Hackintosh-modifications, but obviously, that won't help me much. Since I do not have a working MacOS at the moment, I'm stuck to Linux or Windows to create the new ESP, so unfortunatly, I cannot use the pkg from the Downloads section. So I would need an "unpacked" version of the EFI partition.

Can somebody help me with that, please?

Thanks for your help!

Markus

You can download the Clover ISO from the Sourceforge page and extract it to the USB EFI partition. However for the config.plist you might need to see if you can use one from a guide assuming that you don't still have one from your previous working installation such as the EFI-BACKUPS folder.

Thanks. Did the trick for me. Of course, I do not have a backup of my old config.plist sigh but thats another chapter, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back