Contribute
Register

Looking for Alpine Ridge Testers for SSDT (GC-Alpine preferably)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a GC Alpine Ridge 2.0 quite some time ago but never found the time or patience to try it. Now it seems there is a relatively simple procedure to get it working on selected motherboards.

I wonder if it will work on my second system (Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming 2.0) or my newly built 4th system (X99 Ultra Gaming)? Will have to find time to test it later.

I got an GC Alpine Ridge 2.0 quite some time ago but never found the time or patience to try it. Now it seems there is a relatively simple procedure to get it working on selected motherboards.

I wonder if it will work on my second system (Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming 2.0) or my newly built 4th system (X99 Ultra Gaming)? Will have to find time to test it later.
Well, I totally forgot that @CaseySJ had a repo going for these. I didn't realize that they were experimental either because this setup worked out so well.

I'd love to try a GC-Alpine in mine to have two ports and to see if it would work the same.

To restate though, I found that one more patch (GPE.TINI) needs to be done for it to work in Big Sur. This was initially created to help with the crazy slow boot time this all caused.

Well, I totally forgot that @CaseySJ had a repo going for these. I didn't realize that they were experimental either because this setup worked out so well.

I'd love to try a GC-Alpine in mine to have two ports and to see if it would work the same.

To restate though, I found that one more patch (GPE.TINI) needs to be done for it to work in Big Sur. This was initially created to help with the crazy slow boot time this all caused.
I am not concerned about Big Sur myself as I have no intention to ever upgrade to it. Will probably completely skip it. I am only concerned about Sierra up to Catalina.

Hopefully I will find the time to test the Alpine Ridge card later on my second system, at least.

I am not concerned about Big Sur myself as I have no intention to ever upgrade to it. Will probably completely skip it. I am only concerned about Sierra up to Catalina.

Hopefully I will find the time to test the Alpine Ridge card later on my second system, at least.

Other then my User profile getting corrupted and behaving strangely after sleep Big Sur has given me no issues. Mojave corrupted my User profile also, maybe it because I upgraded from beta. In Catalina I did not run the beta due to Apple TV and Apple Music not working correctly..

I got a GC Alpine Ridge 2.0 quite some time ago but never found the time or patience to try it. Now it seems there is a relatively simple procedure to get it working on selected motherboards.

I see no reason why it would not work on either of those systems for the most part I think you can get it working on most boards but some work a little better then others and require less patches.

Other then my User profile getting corrupted and behaving strangely after sleep Big Sur has given me no issues. Mojave corrupted my User profile also, maybe it because I upgraded from beta. In Catalina I did not run the beta due to Apple TV and Apple Music not working correctly..

I see no reason why it would not work on either of those systems for the most part I think you can get it working on most boards but some work a little better then others and require less patches.
Hello! I got a GC Alpine Ridge 2.0 with Aorus Gaming 7 MoBo on Big Sur. can I test it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back