Contribute
Register

Looking for Alpine Ridge Testers for SSDT (GC-Alpine preferably)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthAmTransAm

Motherboard
MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4
CPU
i7-12700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all, I'm looking for people with z370 or z390 motherboards with an Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt card.

With my Asus Prime z370-A II and ThunderboltEX3-AR I'm abled to get a fully operational Thunderbolt Bus without flashing.

I'd like to try this on a GC-Alpine Ridge card but all others are welcome.

It is possible to get TB bus on a GC-Alpine ridge without flashing, @CaseySJ was helping people for a while to accomplish this. I never tried because my card was already modified and working in a system that did not have a TB header so I did not want to mess with it.

It is possible to get TB bus on a GC-Alpine ridge without flashing, @CaseySJ was helping people for a while to accomplish this. I never tried because my card was already modified and working in a system that did not have a TB header so I did not want to mess with it.
I think so and was looking to try.

Basically you need to:

1) Find the GPE event that thunderbolt uses. You can find this in your DSDT. Mine is _L6F. You need to do a name change for _L6F to XL6F. If different than _L6F then you need to adjust the SSDT accordingly and make the correct name change to your DSDT.

2) Change RP21._INI to RP21.XINI (assuming its on RP21).

3) This wasn't important in Catalina but is necessary in Big Sur. Remove GPE.TINI. Its more complicated that just find and replace but you get the idea.

Then it's just an SSDT. I'd love to try it on another card/mobo. I don't think its fair its so easy and stable on this combo. Gotta share.

This is one of my masochistic pleasures. It may not always produce the desired results, but in those circumstances where it does work well enough, it's very satisfying. :)

This is one of my masochistic pleasures. It may not always produce the desired results, but in those circumstances where it does work well enough, it's very satisfying. :)

I COMPLETELY forgot about this.

Oh, to add. I remember going painfully over the GPE.TINI patch to fix the boot time issue with using this native solution.

Now, in Big Sur, you can't use this solution without that patch.

I know the 20202020 nature is ugly but its what OC will take and causes not ACPI errors. Clover doesn't require the = lengths.
Code:
Find: FF503858 48000A51 5C2E5F47 50455449 4E495442 534500
Replace: FF202020 20202020 20202020 20202020 20202020 202020

I COMPLETELY forgot about this.

Oh, to add. I remember going painfully over the GPE.TINI patch to fix the boot time issue with using this native solution.

Now, in Big Sur, you can't use this solution without that patch.
Should you need to find it in the future, it's listed in the Quick Reference spoiler in Post 1 of the Z390 Designare golden build thread:

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 2.36.42 PM.png

Should you need to find it in the future, it's listed in the Quick Reference spoiler in Post 1 of the Z390 Designare golden build thread:

View attachment 510252
My hero. I left a detail above for you in an edit. Full sleep, wake behavior now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back