none
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone!

I'm going to build my first hackintosh. I will use it for video editing (adobe premiere pro and after effects)

Could you give me some advice for a good build?
for approximately less than 1000 euros and with compatible components, if possible

I've found this config:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...h-i7-3770k-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-660-ti-8.html
What do you think about it?

Thanks a lot!
and congratulations for this awesome project!

Greetings from France,
Terencio

Well, considering that Slugnet is using his build like you want to do, I say it's a good start for you. However, take a look at the tonymacx86 Buying Guide for 2012 (link in my signature block) to see what else works well with Mountain Lion and the tonymacx86 guides. Good luck! And have fun! :thumbup:

Many people......MANY MANY people.....have reported major problems with the 660ti (Slugnut's card) and FCPX, and some general use issues.

My advice AMD 6870 or gtx 670

Indeed, it seems that many people are having issues with the 660ti and FCPX, although in my case it seems to be working just fine. However, as you stated that you are using Adobe programs, you should have no issue with this particular graphics card. I haven't seen much complaining about not working with Adobe once you perform the simple text edits required to enable it. As you can see from my build, there are still a couple of small issues with USB and sleep, however it is a great editing machine.

Also, if you are using Adobe products, stay with nVidia cards (such as the 6xx line) as they will enable you to use CUDA for your editing in Premiere and 3D ray tracing in AE CS6. The AMD cards do not have this added hardware benefit.

Stork has a great suggestion, to read through and figure out what your best options are. There are builds both more and less powerful than what I built. Your budget, tech requirements, and adventurousness should be your major guide. I can tell you my build cost a little over $1200 USD when I bought the parts, and I also integrated a few pieces that I already owned.

Good luck!

Ok!
Thanks for your answers :)

I think I am going to choose Slugnet's build..
I've got a question.. how useful is a graphic card for video editing?
I'm not into video games at all and I hesitate between Slugnet's one :
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008UG2W20/?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20

and this one:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0086UXQES/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20

Are there big differences?

The big difference for video editing is the amount of CUDA cores on your video card. For comparison, the GTX 670 and the GTX 660ti both have 1344 CUDA cores, while the GT 640 only has 384. The 560 ti also has 384, while the high end of the 5xx series, the 590 has 1024. There are other factors at play of course, such as amount of memory, memory speeds, etc, but as far as hardware acceleration of Adobe products, CUDA is what you are looking at.

Great! Thanks for the data, I think I m gonna follow your build... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back