Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
*copy and paste from my thread that has 40+ views but no replies :"(*

Hey guys,

so earlier this year I was going to build a Hackintosh and now that I have the money I'm deciding to get a laptop rather than a desktop which will probably be easier since I will be travelling to University, etc.

Anyways I'm thinking of this laptop as most major stores are a bit expensive and I believe is is a pretty good right now in Australia -

http://www.shoppingexpress.com.au/b...inch-laptop-8gb-640gb-b2x98pa-8gb/B2X98PA-8GB

Do you guys think this laptop will be fine to use as a 'Hackintosh'?

P.S. Sorry if I'm not allowed to post links.

HP Probook 4530s or real Mac.

HP Probook 4530s or real Mac.

Can you tell me what's wrong with the one in the link?

I know the 4530s are really popular and it was on my top list but it's slightly out of my budget.

Thanks for replying though :)

Can you tell me what's wrong with the one in the link?

I know the 4530s are really popular and it was on my top list but it's slightly out of my budget.

Thanks for replying though :)

There is no way to know if the hardware in that laptop is supported under OSX, and if not, you may not be able to even install OSX on it and you can't replace the unsupported hardware like in a desktop.

Which is why we generally recommend getting a Macbook Air or Macbook Pro (or the only supported laptop HP Probook 4530S) if you want to use a laptop to run OSX.

Get a MacBook Pro.

Get a MacBook Pro.

Never lol. I'm a student and I need to save money and considering having a Hackintosh is considerably cheaper than the real deal I cannot say no. :D

There is no way to know if the hardware in that laptop is supported under OSX, and if not, you may not be able to even install OSX on it and you can't replace the unsupported hardware like in a desktop.

Which is why we generally recommend getting a Macbook Air or Macbook Pro (or the only supported laptop HP Probook 4530S) if you want to use a laptop to run OSX.

Ahh I see. Thanks :)

I actually ended up finding a 4530s for roughly the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back