Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I ordered CPU and RAM only.
The CPU is Intel 4770k.
I'm not really sure if I got it right, is GA-H87-D3H compatible with 10.8.3/10.8.4?
If not, please suggest some other budget motherboard.
The only requirements are USB 3.0 ports, 1 PCI slot, and SATA III port (6GB/s)
Thanks!

I ordered CPU and RAM only.
The CPU is Intel 4770k.
I'm not really sure if I got it right, is GA-H87-D3H compatible with 10.8.3/10.8.4?
If not, please suggest some other budget motherboard.
The only requirements are USB 3.0 ports, 1 PCI slot, and SATA III port (6GB/s)
Thanks!

You should have done a little more research on this site before buying components. Haswell is unlikely to ever be supported on 10.8.3 or 10.8.4; it should be coming soon with 10.8.5. At this point there's no way to know whether any particular motherboard will work, though Gigabyte is probably a safe bet.

You should have done a little more research on this site before buying components. Haswell is unlikely to ever be supported on 10.8.3 or 10.8.4; it should be coming soon with 10.8.5. At this point there's no way to know whether any particular motherboard will work, though Gigabyte is probably a safe bet.

So very true, jumping in with with both feet without doing any research on compatible components is the sort of thing that those with tight budgets seem to excel at however - too much enthusiasm, easy to get away with if your flush with cash.

As it happens your probably lucky 10.8.5 will probably be out within three weeks - it could be available in under a week, either way, you have some time to brush up on the sort of installation procedure that you can expect to use to install your new build. The latest buyers guide with Haswell should be out shortly afterwards. So you will be able to pick a recommended motherboard from that list.

If you have access to a Mac that can get you to the App store, then the guide will work like this one here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

If you do not have access to a suitable Mac to get to the App store then order a copy of Snow Leopard direct from Apple. There will be a new guide to follow on how you do this with Haswell in the mean time you can view this one which is for Ivy Bridge hardware only : http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...bridge-unibeast-installation-video-guide.html

Adrian B

OCable CPU and you don't want the Z87? Huh?

it should be coming soon with 10.8.5. At this point there's no way to know whether any particular motherboard will work, though Gigabyte is probably a safe bet.

10.8.5 will be great for me. the newer the better.
What do you mean by motherboard and CPU support?
Because if I will be able to install 10.8.X, I have a compatible PCI NIC and a compatible Creative USB sound card.
I also have an ATI 4830 in case the Intel graphics won't work (I would like to put ATI in another computer if the Intel works).
So if it means I will be able to install 10.8.x on Haswell build, I don't mind using those extra components.
I think I will buy the motherboard I mentioned.
Thanks guys!

10.8.5 will be great for me. the newer the better.
What do you mean by motherboard and CPU support?
Because if I will be able to install 10.8.X, I have a compatible PCI NIC and a compatible Creative USB sound card.
I also have an ATI 4830 in case the Intel graphics won't work (I would like to put ATI in another computer if the Intel works).
So if it means I will be able to install 10.8.x on Haswell build, I don't mind using those extra components.
I think I will buy the motherboard I mentioned.
Thanks guys!

What they're saying is: A version of OS X that supports Haswell isn't out (to the public), so no one know if in fact that board or CPU will work. Because it sure as hell won't work right now without modding/tweaking a ton.

Note: All of this hardware is bleeding edge new, and there is currently no support in OS X. Right now there is no ETA for compatibility.

Looking for a budget Haswell motherboard compatible with 10.8.3+

I know it's not supported yet. But I saw this : http://www.tonymacx86.com/366-chimera-2-1-now-available-haswell-cpu-support.html
That's why I wondered if it is possible at least to install it on a Haswell build.
Even if built-in network, audio and integrated graphics won't work.

What they're saying is: A version of OS X that supports Haswell isn't out (to the public), so no one know if in fact that board or CPU will work. Because it sure as hell won't work right now without modding/tweaking a ton.

Not without a custom kernel. Macman hasn't gotten his to work 100% according to my knowledge.

As with Ivy Bridge, the better CPU is often on a deal and costs less so who knows.

Yep. just today I saw an i5 3570K US$5 cheaper on special than a 3570. From what I see in the US the mid range Ivy Bridge CPUs are disappearing from the channel with plenty of availability for various i3 and high end i5 and i7s. Haswells are everywhere. I'd reckon that in the next month or so we'll only see 3570K and 3770K at retail with the i3 stock hanging around until the fall when the Haswell i3 is launched. I see better deals now on Haswell components particularly with CPU/board or memory combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back