Contribute
Register

Looking for a 120mm SLIM (12mm) PWM Case fan, Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CustoMac Mini
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Power Mac
  3. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm looking to replace the stock Corsair h50 fan in my Lian Li Q-08 with 2 slim (12mm) fans in push pull around the radiator of the h50. I found the older scythe SY1212SL12SL and could buy it for one of the fans, but i'd really like to have one of the fans PWM.

Any one know of a 120mm Slim PWM fan?

sgrinalds said:
I'm looking to replace the stock Corsair h50 fan in my Lian Li Q-08 with 2 slim (12mm) fans in push pull around the radiator of the h50. I found the older scythe SY1212SL12SL and could buy it for one of the fans, but i'd really like to have one of the fans PWM.

I haven't ever seen PWM controlled slim fans but you can use normal voltage controlled fans with this controller that transforms PWM control to voltage control : http://www.sunbeamtech.com/PRODUCTS/Rheosmart/pci.html

sgrinalds said:

You can special order the 120x120x12 mm pwm fan that comes stock on the Scythe Big Shuriken CPU cooler direct from the Scythe websight. Just click on the contact us button and ask how to order them.

Going Bald said:
sgrinalds said:

You can special order the 120x120x12 mm pwm fan that comes stock on the Scythe Big Shuriken CPU cooler direct from the Scythe websight. Just click on the contact us button and ask how to order them.

AWESOME!!!!
great idea

mmaenpaa said:
sgrinalds said:

I haven't ever seen PWM controlled slim fans but you can use normal voltage controlled fans with this controller that transforms PWM control to voltage control : http://www.sunbeamtech.com/PRODUCTS/Rheosmart/pci.html

Ya i had thought of that previously, but the lian lia Q-08 only has 2 pci slots, and they are both taken up by my 9800gtx... :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back